Posts by Eric_C

I have a DT 880 (the 250-ohm version), and just got my Vali today. Is that a useful comparison? I'm not sure how the sound sig compares to the DT250. Basically: yeah, I'm happy with this Schiit. Can't wait for my Mad Dogs to come in.
Hifiman provided me excellent customer service with my HE-400; they graciously were willing to fix the treble problem even though it was outside the global recall period, and covered shipping both ways. Raven's illustrations were also exactly what helped me swap earpads. It's not easy, but it's doable. OP have you ever learned a second language before? Non-native speakers of ANY language will find nuances of tone, implication difficult, so be understanding of Hifiman. If...
 Uh no, I'm using a DX. It says so right there in the screenshot: "Xonar DX Audio Center". I think you're overthinking things. Many people output to monitor + webcam + speakers without any issue. I've got a monitor on DVI, speakers on analogue, headphone out on analogue (front panel), PLYR 1 using USB for power + mic, PLYR 1 using TOSlink for audio. Why would there be any problems? IMO most problems are due to makers of individual parts not getting their firm/software...
Thanks Mal, but it's ok. I have a Schitt Vali on the way, just wanted to know if I could use a Mad Dog without amplification too.
Thanks guys. (my wallet hates you)
Mal, would you recommend the Mad Dog for similar purposes, even without amplification?
*sigh *Looks like I'll just have to buy a Mad Dog to go with my incoming Vali.(Edited for quote)
 TOSlink/optical is how audio is being sent to the base station, whether that audio 2.0 or 7.1 is another question. WuLFiE must be getting stereo I guess, because I had a Realtek before and I got my sound card specifically so that I could have 7.1 sound.Here's what my sound card settings can look like:See? I can set 2, 4, 6, or 8 channels output, and it will send that data over SPDIF Out to the base station. PLYR1 doesn't care whether it's real surround sound or not, it...
Yeah I love how it's just 2 cables--no separate power ftw!
 Dunno about wulfie, but I'm on Win8.1 and I use the PLYR 1 often for Skype. No issues with the mic. It's not connected via 3.5mm or optical btw--chat is done via USB.  No you will not get 7.1 sound with your Realtek. Here, 7.1 sound is basically like this:1. Movie or game with 7.1 sound, inherently2. Sound card that can understand this 7.1 sound information, and then output it. For the PLYR 1, the base station is 3 things:1. A headphone stand (seriously)2. A wireless...