Posts by Eric_C

D1sturb3ed, if I was in your shoes I would try for a used O2 + ODAC (the all-in-one version). It's not portable but you only said portable to keep the size down right?
Asgard 2. Beat out the pricier-but-portable Pico, and the cheaper-and-still-good-but-less-versatile Vali (it is of course useless for IEMs and sensitive headphones).
My Asgard 2 just arrived. Compared to the Pico DAC/amp, it sounds a little colder, but also more laid back. Highs aren't harsh, details still very audible. Soundstage is wider (I guess this is why it sounds more laid back?) and instrument placement and separation is better!  From memory (I've sold the Vali), Asgard 2 sounds better in all the aforementioned areas. So, just as a rudimentary ranking: A2 > Pico > Vali   Curiously, the Asgard 2 ins't that much louder than...
Wildcatsare1, thanks very much but I'm probably going to decide on the Asgard 2 within the next 24 hours. I've got a friend who'll be in the US next week, and he'll be able to pick up the amp, saving me international shipping costs and mark-up by local dealers.   Btw in case anyone's interested, my brief thoughts on amping the 560 with Vali and Pico (the original one, not the Slim or the new Power): Vali is a bit brighter/sharper. If there's a hint of brightness / hot...
Thanks for all the responses everyone. I really don't want to splurge on anything more expensive than the Asgard 2, so that leaves Lyr out. If I had the cash that is absolutely the amp I'd want. Dislike the Project amps; I'm uncomfortable with the open design. Thus, it's really Asgard 2 or I stay with the Vali until I can afford a major upgrade.
Re-posting amp question: Vali vs Asgard 2? Will A2 tame the highs, and give bigger soundstage?
What's this thread think of amping the HE-560 with Vali vs Asgard 2?
 A lot of false dichotomies and straw man fallacies here. Just addressing (sequentially) with the phrases in bold.1. Nobody said anybody should or does base purchases on graphs. Graphs are additional data (just as subjective write-ups are data on the same product in question).2. Fanboys aren't the only non-manufacturers who measure headphones. People who measure headphones, measure headphones. This is non-indicative of how much they like a product.3. Why should a hobby be...
Soundsgoodtome has tried them with both, and posted his thoughts on the Ember. Just search within thread, you'll find the posts.
I'm just reporting what the other guy said. I've got no experience with an O2.