Posts by Eric_C

Where can this still be bought? Grant Fidelity no longer sells them.
RelayerCR, did you compare the Zdac to a fully upgraded Bifrost? It wasn't clear from your post whether you'd heard the Schiit.
Nah I'm not worried about the switch box. But really thinking hard about blowing $500 on "subtle differences".
Hey all, currently running the following setups (via a switch box): Xonar DX > HP out > Vali > MD 3.2 iPod Classic LOD > Vali> MD 3.2 Would a Bifrost Uber be a good upgrade, or a waste of time? Is the MD 3.2 resolving enough to hear the difference?
Quillik is correct, you need TOSlink for surround sound on the PLYR1.  DrayySlayyer, I'm pretty sure we covered that requirement in this thread. Sorry you didn't see it. Also, please format your stuff man; it's hard to read.
 Isn't it always the MixAmp, and an additional amp if necessary? 
http://www.accessoryjack.com/audio-technica-ath-im50-dual-symphonic-in-ear-monitor-headphones-white.html
earfonia: I thought you said they were "neutral", not "natural"? It seems we are using terms very differently, and this will likely lead to a discussion on neutrality and whether it is knowable. Let us simply agree that the new line is very good value for money. omastic: I didn't write the review!
omastic: I tried the im03, and I recall hearing a "metallic" sound signature. Perhaps that is the peak you described?
Yes, I agree that the bass on the IM50 is well done, and integrates well with the rest of the frequencies, but that does not mean it is neutral. I do understand where you're coming from when you describe one earphone as brighter/darker than another, but again, this is simply a relative comparison. And yes, I do know that we can become used to sound signatures, particularly if we are A/B-ing between earphones with very different ones.  I guess I will have to respectfully...