Posts by Eric_C

People, calm down. ieee754 is not saying all differences in sound (from amps) are due to placebo. He/she is saying that it's mostly due to placebo, and that amps are objectively more similar than different.He/she is also not saying that people will "always rate more expensive gear as better"--seriously, the quote is literally: It's just a call to have us give objective measurements more weight than we do / have been so far. Coming back to the O2, all ieee754 is saying is...
 EQing is the same as taking measurements? And by ear?
But cosmetics are important to some people. It is (literally) superficial, but that doesn't mean that it can't be important to an individual.
 As with video games, this is possibly the highest praise I can give to any media / equipment.
Vali and Lyr are both hybrid amps. Says so on the product pages. For a full tube amp by Schiit, you'd have to get a Valhalla.
I'm having trouble telling the difference, tbh.
+1 on JH16 vs MG5Pro! I've got a 13, so that comparison would be useful.
I quite enjoy the "technobabble". I'm learning quite a bit, and it helps me better choose gear.
What were the amp pairings (for the 560) like at the meet? Soundsgoodtome: thanks for reporting on people's preferences for the pads, that's great info. (TMR: I know I'm totally on the Audeze end of the spectrum haha)
FWIW Justin_Time's review (pg 1 of thread) covers some of the effects he found when using different cables. He tried some silver cables and copper cables, and compared it to the stock cable. The 6moons review says stock cable = silver + copper.