Posts by MarkJnK

Up for sale is a pristine pair of Sony SA 5000, with custom professionally installed Double Helix cable.  Cable is thick, nylon covered and wonderfully flexible and limp.  These headphones were bought from Shahrose here on Head-fi.  He cared for them meticulously, and they looked like new when I got them from him and still look the same.  Leather pads are perfect and supple, real leather, and clearly well cared for.  The sound of these is supposedly much better due to...
PM sent
Well put.  I read so many criticisms of the GS1000, but for me, they simply make my music sound good, fun and engaging.  Comfort is another story... how I wish the GS1000 felt as nice on the head as the DT990/600 or T1.  
I have the WA6Se and the K701's I had when I bought the amp sounded terrific through the WA6SE.  But Jack told me that the WA2 has a warmer tubier sound, which I think would be even better with the K701, to take more of the edge off the highs and fill out the mids. 
I'm using the Sylvania 6DE7 paired with a Sophia Princess.  These give me the detail I like with a bit of warmth.  Preferred over the Raytheon 6EW7 which sound a bit muddier or dull.  Not as dynamic.
I use the GS1000 and WA6SE and think it is a tremendous match.  I don't see any reason why the PS1000's wouldn't shine with the WA6SE also.  In fact the WA6SE makes almost any can sound great.
PM sent
Bump for a phenominal amp and a great price  GLWS
Thanks for the review, it was entertaining to read, although I disagree with your conclusions.  I think you are doing fellow head-fiers a disservice by being so hard on the DT990/600, as you might be leading them away from a headphone that can be extremely pleasing.   I've owned T1, DT880, Darth Beyers, HD650, K701, HE-5, and a few more I can't remember, and the DT990/600 is the one I still listen to the most on my Woo WA6SE.  I listen to lounge jazz, Buble, Krall,...
This is a tough decision, and one that gets debated quite a bit here.  It seems that the differences between Woo products is not very well defined, and even sometimes Jacks responses can be a bit cryptic.   When I was shopping, I had K701's and was debating between the  WA2 and WA6SE.  The general feedback from Jack is that they are both excellent amps, and will suit different taste.  The WA2 is a warmer amp with smoother tube-like sound, while the WA6SE is a faster...