Posts by aeroshep1

I recently received a set of Meelectronics CW31 IEM's and thought I would give a short review on them. I'll break it down into three catergories: Look and Feel, Comfort, and most importantly to me: Sound.         Look an Feel:          The CW31 definitley has an interesting look to it. The pointed housing is the first thing I noticed. On first glance I thought it a little odd shaped, but nothing I would feel uncomfortable about wearing out. The wood...
I am looking at upgrading from my JVC FXC80. I like the overall sound they have, the way they produce highs, and the amount of bass it gives out, However, I am looking for something with a simalar sound signature, but a little richer experience. I mainly listen to rock and acoustic music. I don't believe the REO's would have enough bass for my needs, so any other upgrade suggestions would be great. Clarity is most important, but I need solid bass as well.
You can order replacement tips at the JVC store, However, I too lost a tip a while ago, so I just ordered another FXC50. they go on sale quite often at newegg for 14.99, or they have even been as low as 12.99, free shipping. I have since upgraded to the FXC80, which uses the same tips, use the same driver, but sound better and are sturdier, ( never had a problem with the FXC50's).
I've had these for a couple of months and I really like them alot. They have a similar sound to the FXC50, but they are a little clearer. The soundstage is much better as well. I would say they have a V shaped sound to them with bright highs and good bass. The bass is not muddy, maybe slightly boomy, but not to the extent of an M9. The mids are a bit recessed compared to the bass and treble. I think the carbon housing really adds some richness to it. The cable seems to...
Quote: Originally Posted by ZARIM JVC FXC80, Sony EX300, ADDIEM, S4, ATH-CKS70 and V-Moda Remix....... +1 for the FXC80
I just recieved my FXC80 in the mail, and wanted to give my initial impressions after a few hours of listening. First and foremost, these are very detailed phones, more so than either the fxc50 or the M9. They are on the bright side, but not as harsh as the M9. The mids are a step up from the fxc50, fairly well detailed, but not harsh and muddy like the M9. The bass is solid, not nearly as boomy as the M9, there is still plenty of bass, and like any IEM, depends on the...
I've had the marshmallows, flats, and the micro HD FXC50. enjoyed them all, but I havent found anything under $50 that sounds better than the HD's. They are the most detailed phones I've heard, that still give out good bass. The mids are slightly recessed, but It seems like they have opened up since I started listening to these a few months ago. I am really surprised these haven't gotten more play on Head FI.
OK, this is what I'm looking for. I currently use NE-7 's on my Zune 30. These sound very good on acoustic EQ, almost what I want but I need slightly crisper highs. My other pair is FXC50's. With these I dont need to eq, they have the crisp highs I want, and boomy lows, but the mids are lacking. SO I am looking for an IEM that has balanced lows and mids, but the really crisp highs I am looking for, that I dont need to EQ if possible.( My wife has a Zune 8 with no EQ and...
Im looking to order some M9's ,Ive been listening to ne-7m, happy with them, just the highs arent quite as crisp as I want. I recentley recieved a fxc50, I really like the high and lows on them. It just neeeds work on the mids with maby a little bass. h