Posts by cemysce

I recently changed my asound.state as ALSA is now nesting "comment.*" properties inside a "comment { }" block.  The old asound.state still worked, but I figured I might as well include an updated version.  I don't believe anything else has changed, and this asound.state continues to work with ALSA 1.0.24.1, Linux kernel 2.6.38.   state.AV710 { control.1 { iface MIXER name 'Front Playback Switch' value false comment { access 'read write' type BOOLEAN count...
Below is my updated asound.state for Linux 2.6.34, ALSA 1.0.22.1.  I followed the same procedure detailed in my original post: stop ALSA, delete asound.state, shutdown, wait a minute, power up, store asound.state, then make the necessary changes.  See my original post for a more thorough explanation of those changes. Here is the file:   state.AV710 {     control.1 {         comment.access 'read write'         comment.type BOOLEAN         comment.count 1    ...
I use Gentoo Linux and the kernel upgrade from 2.6.31 to 2.6.34 (and whatever ALSA changed to) is what broke this for me. I'll try to figure this thing out again soon. Also, yes, vandemar.org was one of the sites I had consulted originally, but their asound.state no longer works.
I guess I'm going to have to figure this out again.  Sigh. This card is really not worth all this headache every few months when some update in ALSA breaks it.
I figured this would be useful to others. I'm glad I could help!
My working asound.state for the Chaintech AV-710's Wolfson DAC, using ALSA 1.0.20: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/ch...on-dac-465624/
My working asound.state for the Chaintech AV-710's Wolfson DAC, using ALSA 1.0.20: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/ch...on-dac-465624/
It took many hours of research over several days in order for me to figure out the latest ALSA configuration necessary for the Chaintech AV-710 in order to use the Wolfson DAC behind the Rear Surround jack, so I am going to summarize my findings, along with an asound.state, right here. Then I will post links to this thread in the other threads which I came upon throughout my research. First, some basics: I am using Gentoo Linux with a 2.6.31 kernel and ALSA 1.0.20...