Posts by downsize

I'm wondering if it would be possible to use this thread to list Desktop amplifiers, which run on battery power ?   I know Blue Audio does this, but am not sure about others.
Uhh ... Someone just contacted me and asked if I would be willing to sell my music collection, if they sent me a hard drive. Is this even legal ?  While I did buy the music, it really is not my place to take money from musician's pockets. Any thoughts here ?
 I used to sell the higher end Grados, as well as the 60s and 80s. But I never listened to any of the mid-range Grados. I will have to give them another try. From my memory however, I thought the Grado's full and forward midrange made for a slightly congested experience. I was right with you on the whole music storage thing until two years ago. Finally a buddy burned my entire collection to a pocket drive, and I have never looked back. Can't tell a difference in SQ from my...
 Hi S Orange and others .... Oh man .... I literally DO have some of everything !  My favorite is probably Megadeth, A7X, Iron Maiden, etc .... I have heard certain headphones do fairly well with one certain aspect of the music, but fail somewhere else. To properly reproduce Metal, speed and resolution is king. But most headphones that sound really fast and resolving have tonality issues as well. Guitars should have amazing "crunch", while also being separate from other...
 I did not mean to mislead ...  I have a 2TB pocket drive, but not of just Metal. All of my music is on there. But probably 75% of it is indeed Metal. I have always heard Grados to sound somewhat colored in some way, but I would be happy to take another listen. Which model do you feel does best with Metal ?   325is ?
All Hail the Metal !  LOL   I have a pretty extensive collection of Metal. All of it is on a 2TB USB Pocket drive. And all of it is burned in FLAC. I sure wish it were easy to list, but it is fairly extensive. When I pull up J-River and push "play",the data says it will play non-stop for 76 days, without ever playing the same song twice.  I have went through countless headphones, and still have not heard Metal reproduced as it should be on headphones. Audio guris claim...
I will also trade my GR-07s for a pair of Westone 3s ...
Hello,   I am not very into IEMs, and don't really know what is necessarily top tier. But I can offer up a partial trade for my Vsonik GR-07s, which I find as good as I have heard any full sized cans play ..... But that is just the limits of my hearing most likely LOL.   Cheers, Josh
I have a pair of Vsonik GR-07s that are in perfect condition. I may have 300 hours on them now, and have owned them for 2.5 years. They have never been out of the house, are are kept in their leather pouch.   I am just looking to try something different, and want to trade for a pair of Monster Cable Pro Coppers, Miles Davis, or maybe some Senn IE-8s.   Contact me at bestrisers@yahoo.com, or PM me either one.   NO STINKING FAKES !!!  
 Good point Wombat ... But the only cans I have found unbearably uncomfortable, are the Grados luckily. I know of MANY super comfortable cans, but they do not necessarily allow me to get lost in the music. Many of them either sound to flawed to even consider enjoying, or they are so "perfectly neutral" that they don't allow me to enjoy the music. Instead they make me listen to placement., timbre, soundstage, etc ......  If they are flat and neutral, yet unexciting,, they...