or Connect

Posts by WayTooCrazy

Ok, so... I stumbled across the "Basshead" thread for headphones here... and guess what, DAMN! The EL-8 go low and hit hard with this song... Not really my kind of music, but... WOW!
Very Interesting! I've always considered the HD800 and a Woo Audio WA22 to be my "endgame" headphone, but I'm in no rush to get there. It is nice to know that I could get the HD800 and have it pair well enough with the Vali2 until I can scratch up the funds to get the WA22.
I enjoyed both the Oppo PM-3 and HE-400i with my Vali2, but I much prefer my EL-8 Open to both.  You can't go wrong with either, but if you already have the HP50, might as well lean towards the HE-400i. It is more detailed than the PM-3 and has better highs and more forward mids. The bass is more detailed, but less in quantity to the PM-3.
Anyone try a pairing with the Audeze EL-8 Open?  I'd like some suggestions for even better synergy. I will also be using the Vali 2 with the TH-X00 when they arrive, so I guess it will have to work equally well with both.
Sassafras!
Can we buy these cups even if we didn't purchase the E-MU Teak headphones?
Those look sooo sweet!
If anyone else runs across a place to source the connectors, please let me know. I want to make another cable, but with even softer wire and 24awg instead of 26. Probably run with 6 strand cable instead of 8.
I wonder if the cases referenced in the TH-X00 thread would work for the EL8.
I dunno.