Posts by andreiru

Blinq has the BT at 99 US with international shipping. Grabbed a pair & they're great.
I also had experience with Shure. Although they came back saying they found no fault the turnaround was 3 days.
My repair took exactly a month and they came back with a microphone not working so I had to mail them in again. Overall experience wasn't that great either the people I spoke to on the phone were unprofessional. Neither did they apologise for the under repair. Felt like a one man operation, not a respectable multinational company. And did I mention the fault (a faulty circuitry in the transducer) was out of the box? The headphones (mm450-x) were purchased in Dublin ...
No Apt-X in iOS 7 nor prior. AAC or A2DP with SBC.
Found this review on Amazon. It seems that getting a hold of one of these at list price on Amazon is not an easy thing to do (at the time of this writing), so after looking around on the web I've managed to get one (for a reasonable $129 shipped) from a FiiO authorized dealer: Sonic-Electronix. Now, I should start with a disclaimer: In general I don't like (spending money on) portable hi-fi audio gear, and that for two reasons: (1) Portable gear is often resource limited...
I've ordered the 598s and the E12, should be with me next week. Would also like to know what difference it makes but guess I'll find out soon enough. Did you get an amp in the end? I heard that recabling and a better amp do improve the sound of these things to the point where some reputable head-fiers dubbed them as best cans in the world. Reasonably prices, too - even better!
Fischer Audio Eterna. Surprised no one has mentioned them yet.
We've been to Selfridges & Harrods the other day and they have a full collection of headphones there on the LG floor. HD800(harrods!) & lower class @selfridges, Ultrasone ed 8 & 10 or 12 (@ harrods), a load of grados from 60 to 325(harrods), bower & Wilkins p3,5,7 & many others you can listen to all!
We've been to Selfridges & Harrods the other day and they have a full collection of headphones there on the LG floor. HD800(harrods!) & lower class @selfridges, Ultrasone ed 8 & 10 or 12 (@ harrods), a load of grados from 60 to 325(harrods), bower & Wilkins p3,5,7 & many others you can listen to all!
Thanks so much!