or Connect

Posts by AVU

strange, it should be open to everyone. let me figure out what's wrong...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/avu/4267946904/sizes/l/ Got this years ago from an audiophile place in boston. Know nothing about it except that it's supposedly very well made - Sold the rest of the system and don't use RCAs anymore. If anyone wants it, let me know. Otherwise, if anyone would be interested in changing it into a mini-mini termination, let me know. cheers, andrew (the background cable is just a 6in cardas L mini to L mini)
Jazebra.com
Can't wait, can't wait! Mine got there Saturday the 2nd, and I was contacted monday morning and told 7-8 days. That puts them getting back to me on weds the 13th at the soonest possible interpretation, Sat the 16th or Mon the 18th if it was 8 _business_ days. So I have to wait until the 19th before I can officially whine about them being "late"
Just found this in the iBasso T3 forum from a trusted long-timer "HeadphoneAddict": "I look forward to the reportedly increased clarity of the T3, and hope it sounds closer to the iPhone headphone output which is a little better than the T4 (although not as warm or powerful, the 3GS is more detailed and spacious)." And elsewhere: "I have reported before that I found the T4 to be good with bright IEM when trying to pair them with a brighter sounding Nano or Touch,...
Quote: Originally Posted by rawrster well a 20 dollar amp for a previously over $300 iem :P Yeah, it seems there's a good reason I never saw that amp before. Anyway, I've found a lot of discussion about the iBasso T4, which is supposedly "made for IEMs" but numerous people have found unacceptable hiss with UEs, and a volume pot that is good at 2 and "very loud" at 3 on a scale of 1-10 does not exactly strike me as an "amp constructed for...
Quote: Originally Posted by mark2410 my answer is it depends. se530 not that much difference, tf10 i felt opened up so much it was a big surprise the first time i amped them. Thoughts on synergy between your Filo E5 with your tf10? I never saw that amp before.
Quote: Originally Posted by webbie64 I hope that may help in some way. Incredibly, incredibly helpful. Thank you so much. I have no idea where I'll be down the road, but right now I've got a pair of custom UE triple.fis coming this week. Before I sent them off, I tried them directly out of my iphone 3gs headphone out as well as through a sendstation direct out with a cardas cable to my old penguin cmoy. Obviously the cmoy is sort of a toy,...
Guidostrunk, thanks - I've read through Skylabs amazing roundup, but that's precisely the kind of problem I'm talking about. That review is based - like this whole subforum on "portable amps" in general - around the idea that people are using full-sized cans. Every once in a while a bone is thrown to the IEM people. Frankly, I think there needs to be a whole new subsection of head-fi exclusively devoted to IEMs. I guess at some point, "serious" audiophiles...
I apologize for starting this thread if there is somewhere else that this question is clearly answered, but to be honest, I've been searching and searching and have found very few posts on this topic that offer much in the way of detail. With Low-impedance, high-sensitivity IEMs how much difference does an amp really make? I'm not looking for "it depends," I'm looking for people's actual A/B stories. The posts I've found have been divided between "not...