Posts by AVU

Agreed with everybody about the Genelec price floor.   And yes, apples and oranges, and bicycles, or whatever.  But, c'mon, you can say that about a lot.  I mean, I'd like the experience of standing 10ft away from a 8ft tall bass cabinet with 50,000 watts please.  You're not going to get a home stereo to do that at any price range.  It's a unique experience.  Personally, I didn't like the small near-fields as much as I did my JH13s.  But yes, if I had my own...
  I agree with this completely.  Exactly my experience.  Bugginess and all.  But yes, the richness is the best thing.  I do think A+ is excellent however, as is Fidelia with the proper settings.   But dude, they dropped the price of Amarra from $700 to $189?   When did that happen?!?     And Amarra Hifi is $49?  What is that?
I thought these only came in 27in?
All the artists I know use Genelecs, but when I borrowed a friend's tiny ones the other week for something, they struck me as massively underpowered without a subwoofer.  Maybe it's just a matter of taste, but if you want a big sound, I would not go for those tiny actives.  I think the larger K&H or Genelecs sound amazing, but those are perhaps $10k for two.  Still probably a good deal considering all you're getting, but sort of illustrates why Head-Fi came into...
    I think by this logic that you would have to simply say that audiophiles as a whole are simply idiots and suckers.  If that makes you feel better, good for you.  I'm pretty sure that numerous doubleblind tests have been conducted that prove that the average listener cannot consistently and reliably tell a $10,000 setup from a $100 setup.  I have no doubt that the average person could not consistently and reliably tell 24/196 from 128k AAC.  I have no doubt that the...
Frankly, a lot of the people responding to my post have been both rude and ignorant.  And I'm sorry I took the time to even bother responding to this BS.  Apparently, you have your mind made up, and don't want to hear anything else. THAT is expectation bias.     I had two cables, each was the same price, both were cheap, one sounded better than the other.  So I used the one that sounded better.  Why is that so difficult for you to understand?  What does that have to...
would you mind taking a photo of yours?  I'd like to see it with the Viablue connector
I didn't believe in cable differences either until I ran up against them in practice.  It wasn't even subtle.   I'm sure a lot of it depends on the quality of your system and the given cable.  But I got two cheap cables from Monoprice.  One shorter, one longer.  The longer one was crap.  It was really shocking.  I had liked the shorter one, and just got the same thing longer so that it would be more convenient, and it sounded horrible in comparison.  I'm not saying it...
      The Fiio D3 is a very nice nice budget unit.  It should pair well with something on the level of the O2.  
Just buy this, it's great:   http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-D3-Digital-Converter-Optical/dp/B005K2TXMO/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1335159396&sr=1-3