Posts by AVU

Sold.  Thanks!
I had the RSA Shadow with my JH13s and I thought it sounded far too dark.  I sold it after testing the Pico Slim, which I thought was a much better match.  The Mustang has the same dark signature, but isn't going to be quite at the same level as the shadow with the CIEMS.   Since the JH16s have even more bass than the JH13s, I don't think the Shadow would be as good a match as the Pico Slim.  
Ok, I'm an idiot.  Please help.   I made an RCA - mini cable that works great.   But the second one I made as some weird issue I can't figure out.  Only the left channel coming out of the dac works.  No signal through the right.  But if I switch the RCAs on the dac, I only get a signal out of the right channel.  So it would seem like my dac is busted.  But that is not the case.  When I plug in my other RCA - mini cable, everything is perfect.   I don't...
  I never found that the volume helped any with impedance issues, and since i've had it removed, the quality's improved overall.  Just my 2cents.
Very good deal on this.
Yaqin CD3 Tube Buffer   Great tube buffer I won at the last Head-Fi auction.  Well, actually I didn't win, but I immediately managed to buy it off the guy who did win.   Anyway, perfect for adding power to your system, adjusting impedance mismatches, or just cutting a little of the "digital" sound from your system.  I have the crappy tubes that came with it, but am including two vintage NOS RCAs I picked up for $35.     The photos show the unit as I have it...
  I know.  I never said did.  It's just the only high quality silver stranded wire readily available for DIY, so I included it as an FYI.
still available.
  simple RCA - 3.5mm
Picked up one of these from Nikongod at the last NYC Head-Fi Meet for $90.     Loving it.     Put in some NOS RCA's - nothing too fancy, just good solid American tubes - and running this as an impedance match between my eastern electric minimax dac (which has an impossibly HIGH output impedance running with an e80cc) into a (yes this is highly strange) Pico Slim amp (which obviously has an incredibly LOW  imput impedance requirement) to JH13 iems.  I use the Pico...