Posts by Shaggy-FOO

ES-10 has nice punch to the bass and extends really low, but only when the music calls for them.  It's not bassy and loose like some headphones out there, but clear and tight.  I would say the ES-10 is more well balanced with lush sounds in all frequencies.  I just thought the ESW-9 bass was a bit sloppy and muffled the other sounds because of this, hence I didn't get it.  Personally, I think the ES-10 is a clearer sounding ESW-9 which is great for all types of music...
ES-10 for $150 is fake 100%.  When it's selling in Japan wholesellers for a little over ¥20,000 there is no way with currency conversion for it be to under $200, even used.  I bought mine on accessoryjack for $400 and definitely think they are worth the price.  Imagine a more balanced, better sounding M50 in the housing of an ESW9.  Most stores are going to sell them for $380-400 because of currency conversion plus premium for importing them from Japan.  If you can...
I say don't get either.  Get the better ES-10.  The driver is better than both and it's much faster while still having the same punch in the bass department but being clearer.  ES-10 are very well balanced w/ crisp highs and lush mids.  It's good for all types of music and way more detailed than the ESW9 or ESW10.
Ygg I don't know if either of those portables are what you are looking for in terms of sound quality similar to TF10.  ESW9 are beautiful comfortable headphones with minimal noise leakage, but it sounds nothing like the TF10.  TF10 has very clear highs which give you the PRAT that many people (including myself) like.  As you know the bass is pretty punchy as well, but I sort of feel like they are lacking for modern music which are quite bass heavy.  The mids, in my...
If you want bass I would say S4 or the Brainwavz M3.  RE-ZERO just won't have the bass punch you are looking for hip-hop music. 
Brainwavz M3 if you want more fun lush sounds. More analytical would be RE-ZERO.  Or perhaps it's time to upgrade a bit?  Consider moving up the price bracket a bit and you won't regret it!
I just got the ATH-ES10 today.  I'm first impressions are that they sound very good and balanced.  A mix between the TF10 and MTPC.  I'll put up a review and pictures once I listen to them more, but I'm very excited so far!
I just ordered the ES-10 yesterday, so once I get it, I'll be posting up my impressions and review.  So, looking forward to these portables.
I ordered the ES-10 yesterday, so I'll be getting them in soon.  I'll put up a review once I get some listening in.
Can't go wrong with it...it's probably one of the best, if not the best, cans you get for under $150.