Posts by Guidostrunk

My wife looked at me crazy , when I blurted out, "That guy has HD-800's on." Lol. I'm curious what turntable that is? Looks expensive.
Excellent review bro.
Premium tubes: $160 +Tube shootout: $100's + timeWife shopping , to make the former ,happen: PRICELESS
Earsonics is about the closest iem , I could recommend. Both the SM3 & EM3-pro, have the same sound sig. The EM3 does it better than the SM3. With that said , I'm uncertain about their new line of products, but I would like to think that much hasn't changed in the way of the Earsonics , "house sound".
+1
+1
The one on the left looks like a Russian reflektor SWPG. Maybe Bob will chime in. Can't tell if it has a silver shield or grey. Should sound awesome though. Needs at least 200 hours of burn in to sound it's best.Happy rolling bro. Welcome to the club.
Couldn't agree more with your synergy comment. I as well have the HD-650's. And the S&H CCa's seem to be a perfect match for them in my rig. I'm sure all these tubes do different things for different setups. It's really hard to say , which is best. Only which is best for individual rigs and preferences , imo. That's the beauty of the search and roll. Lol
Wanted to add something to my review, comparing, the 75 HG's , to my S&H CCa's. So , I did a blind test with the other 4 , family members in my house to what they preferred. Results: Split down the middle. Wife & oldest daughter, preferred the 75 HG's. Mother-in-law & youngest the CCa's The thing that I found intriguing, was that both felt strongly ,that what they chose was a lot better in comparison. More so my kids. Which of course turned into an argument with them....