Posts by goodvibes

That #s are the only standard of quality? Do you think #s were derived to try and explain what we're hearing or vice versa? That what is significant was determined by listening or that it was an inductive process? Proof was derived by listening in the 1st place and under conditions not as good as what can be achieved today. The #s can always fall to the same questions as listening does. Neither actually disproves the other, especially considering that we may not be...
Same as jamoto gave. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?campid=5337413452&toolid=10001&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F121360170339%3FssPageName%3DSTRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT%26_trksid%3Dp3984.m1423.l2648
True, you questioned everyone's. Make sure to do us a service and bring it up in every general info thread you post in.
Nonsense. We're all already aware of bias, placebo and wishful thinking. Constantly bringing it up due to ones own personal biases or competitive ownership is fruitless as is questioning what another hears. The way to handle this is to try it yourself. If you don't hear it, I would happily accept that you didn't. If you don't have DX90 and want to deal in generalities, this isn't the thread to be doubting others. Think for a moment about who is really imposing on others in...
If it's just the headphone jack, it could be easily fixed locally by any competent service facility but it's kind of hard to direct anyone without a location. They could even 'borrow' the jack from the line in if needed. I'm assuming that you've tried multiple headphones in it. I doubt it wasn't listened to before being returned. Perhaps the issue is intermittent. Another thing to do is to open the unit and look for a loose screw or debride shorting out a channel on the...
The one issue I've had with batteries over the years is that they can sound slow or rounded next to a good linear supply. It can be offset some with a well chosen electrolytic in parallel. It has to do with the power delivery which isn't as fast as a capacitor. The Samsung battery eliminates that sense in the DX90.   Really like this addition and find the difference quite noticeable. Makes me wonder what the earlier FW would sound like with it. I'm not going to try since...
As I suspected and why pointed at.      Always like your stuff, tomsky.
Maybe they could but they think it sounds better at 2 ohms out. Perhaps they are not willing to compromise the sound of 98% of their clients for 2% of headphones designed to be driven directly from a battery.(jk) The spec race is overrated. How much does even the extreme example of the Shure vary here? A couple DB from flat? Not a biggie for a transducer, especially when the impedance curve doesn't have big dips or peaks. These are smooth octave to octave transistions here...
Sounds perfect to me. I've always said the player leans warm.
mids are too warm with the extra midbass. A sound many like.