Posts by goodvibes

No idea. It would be nice if it played the files even if it was at 96 res but I find the 24 more important than the 192. I know some use their DAPs for other things but I use mine strictly on the go. I play a variety of res including 24/192 but mostly because that's their original format and I don't bother to down convert. I don't think the difference between 192 and 96 will be the weakest link in any DAP.
Looks like a nice size and 24/96 plus 2.9 DSD is plenty for portable use. I only use IEMs on the go so power is more than sufficient for me. The quality of the amp section is a lot more important to me than the voltage swing. 
jh13 has similar bass to the RS1. JH16 has way more. If I were you, I'd look at the Angie and have my cake and eat it too. This is exactly what the bass control is for.
I found the AK240 a bit smoother overall even though it's topology is about the same as the ak120II. Who knows, maybe it was just the FW difference but I preferred it. With things like the K10, subtleties become more apparent, even with it's friendly sig. You could also try different FWs on the ak120II as long as they have the feature set you need. The old AKs changed sig a bit with FW revisions. Honestly, I prefer one FW over the other by which cable I use to connect my...
In use, the lag seemed a non issue to me. No odd delays or confusion type waits and that was with me putting in my own card which it read quickly. At least for me, it was a non-issue. It's when you get the odd delays or scroll stops etc that it becomes noticeable to me.
It will be opinion as much as fact. If it helps, my opinion is that Layla and Roxanne are north of neutral at the 12 o'clock position when listening in quiet surroundings and the Angie is very close to neutral at that position. 
Oh, I agree about the rest but there are definitely nits being picked about the V control. Default would be '0', LOL. I don't worry about where a V or tone control is set when a piece of kit arrives. There is so much debate about correct bass level on IEMs that it becomes somewhat moot. It doesn't take much thought to set it half way and adjust from there to your own personal (p)reference. Took me 15 sec on the Angie with a song I know. A tad below 12 o'clock worked for me...
+0 db doesn't mean it's the flattest position. Just that it's the center point of where you can get and equal amount of addition or subtraction. It's the position that is the natural signature position and is still less warm than things like the Roxanne and jh16. It's closer to something like a K10. Maybe more bass but similar mid warmth. I could be mistaken here as it's been awhile since I heard the K10, which I liked.   I agree that it's weightier than neutral at that...
It's one of those things where they'd have just been better off making them all some solid color with the woven caps. Trying to make the Angie more interesting looking has worked against them. Leave it for the one you can afford to spend more time on.
It was not a defence. It simply stating fact and I clearly said that the variability of appearance is a bad thing in the very 1st sentence. I have never disagreed that JHA quality control should be better. I thought it important for folks to know that this particular issue is cosmetic and on the hidden in ear portion. The plates will look the same and consistent. I do see that the transition to those plates could be a bit cleaner looking as well. I agree it should have...