Posts by goodvibes

I can hear the hiss between tracks but have never found it intrusive while actually listening to music on the 3rd. We're all different but I like my jh13s straight out of the 3rd or BA.
Quite pleased thank you. You guys know that you're just burning the other end of the something else needs to be demoted to elevate this candle. I like my quirky HiSounds, DX90 (with dual battery), AK120 I had and would probably like this as well. If I could buy one, I would.   Let me be 1st in line for any Aussie that decides to pass it forward. 
Btn off for me. More open and refined. Don't be so surprised. I can hear switching in gapless or EQ 'flat'  on all my DAPs. Some are more noticeable than others but it's the nature of the beast.
iBasso dx50, dx90, AKs.
Did I tell you that I really liked your k10 review?
Same old school high current opamp used by the O2 as output buffer. Output impedance is actually just below 1 ohm. Just had to play with resistor values to get the gain and DC offset balanced out. Here's the circuit. I think I got the offset to a 0.1 mv and it seemed stable when the rails varied. I did this without a spec testing other than offset with an ohm meter but Rin measured it and it passed mustard. I balanced the power drain from the led and think I added some...
I wouldn't use 'output buffer' as the determining factor here. It can have them and still highish output impedance or not have them with lowish output impedance. I wouldn't personally care about how they've done what they've done and only about what they've achieved. For me it's rather moot because it's too large. The output impedance is reportedly around 2 ohms and down from prototypes. That's low enough but a question would be if stability has suffered into lower...
That is the ANV 3 and I still preferred it's sound to the BA.
It still wouldn't work that well across manufacturers but maybe useful if you have experienced one maker's products. We still need to remember that consumers ideas of linear vary quite a bit. How many here opt for (very) midbass heavy phones? It's a bit scary for makers to give enough info for consumers to misinterpret. Look at how often J. Harvey has been taken to task for his non-flat comment. What's flat? It's not just graphs, makers need to mince words for them not to...
I love measurements but take them with a grain and try very hard to not read in. With that in mind, I still do at times. It's human nature and my point was simply to guard against it. Info is additive and all worth having.  I think what FullCircle is getting at is that a manufacturer is free to use any compensation they deem fit so results across makers would be useless and many look ridiculously good. even with fixed compensation, tests can be manipulated unless all done...