or Connect

Posts by goodvibes

Even though it's not a fav, his rating would disagree that it can compete. We're talking top dog only 1.5 years back in the innerfidelity shootout. With the right cable, it still competes with anything and if focus and solidity are important to you, it can still better a lot of the new things, especially with the right cable. Not for everyone but nothing is. Of the new models. I actually prefer the Angie but am not dying to swap my JH13/TWAG combo. I suspect the warmer...
I've never been that impressed with the Calyx. I think it's VG but not as special as others do.
My point exactly. It was PCM and still is PCM but they feel the need to call it something else to disassociate. It's a marketing thing. We have here on this board, folks talking about the goodness of DXD over PCM. My post was to take it out of the realm of whose fault it is to know and give some info.
It's just the industry not wanting to tell folks that almost all DSD is PCM based. 
DXD is a fancy name for high bit rate PCM. 
The difference with Ipods is that they generally load from play programs with dedicated library organizers which takes care of the problem. 2nd party player apps can use music that's dragged in but those can also have folder view. That situation on the AR would be a deal breaker for me. I have way too many files without tags that would need to be done manually. Same with the Calyx. I've heard it but didn't know it had that issue.   Are you guys certain that if the...
Buy a clue rudeboy. I'd at least be certain to listen before determining its goodness. http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RU9BFMZRXMPWG/ref=cm_cr_pr_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00OH82RXO http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R241W3F2DSCASS/ref=cm_cr_pr_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00OH82RXO I don't take these or your links as anything but consideration until it's heard but nothing is as fanboy as you make it.
I was happy to spend $600 on a used AK120 or one could spend $900 on a Questyle QP1r which will have similar power to the Sony. USB DAC and High Power doesn't do a thing for me and my IEMs. I only care how it sounds. I'd rather spend a bit more on something that's right for me than that much on something like that. I have owned a much stronger LPG and can use a Hugo that should smoke the Sony. I'd rather listen to a great player straight out or use a SPdif interface but no...
What part of economies of scale did you not understand?
Grado ps500 with their larger ear cups. 325e for less. Pretty much everything except the cable is easy to swap out.