Posts by goodvibes

Didn't mean tempo in the technical sense. I doubt you guys like PRAT either. Happy holidays.
I still prefer the Hugo to Mojo but to be honest, the line out for the LPG or Questyle is not worse that a Mojo. You can't add it to the LPG but the QP1r is actually better without it. I think many like the MOJO so much because 1, it's really good and 2, it's more musically informative than what they are accustomed to while not being too revealing of source issues. For me, the Hugo/2Qute is clearly more rewarding when all your ducks are in a row. I think the Hugo/2Qute are...
Just to be clear, the idea in that link is that there is a difference between time and hearing out of band as stated. I couldn't less if an amp or DAC was filter rolled at 20k. In fact there can be advantages in being able to so with good phase character. Again, not claiming anything or that this is the mechanism why it's preferred, just looking for a reason. Not arguing here, just clarifying.
FZMAN's unit doesn't sound that way.
One more because it was my error. I wasn't trying to convince anyone and just relaying my thoughts. The list of kit and credentials was a mistaken response to this.   "You really need to get better sources for technical subjects."   I now understand that you meant written sources as opposed to listening sources so my response was not to the point you intended. Apologies. Just trying to show I'm not a novice in reply to inexperience which was not your intent but...
Just doesn't seem to be an issue for me and the recordings I refer to are mostly coincidence so don't need mono type panning which we don't find as natural. I still seem to get good lateral positioning with good IEMs. I fell like crossfeed just mucks it up more for me than it helps. I get great localization from my jh13s but we are all bit different when it comes to in ears. I agree that I'd always rather hear it on speakers but I don't really think there's a great fix to...
 You can disagree but your assumptions of my experience are completely erroneous.  Tried dozens of USB DACs including DAVE and DCS via asio or wasapi and Wavelab, Foobar, J River and some Hi-End memory buffer type players. Found Wavelab setup correctly sounds the best to me though not really friendly as a library player. None sounded as good via USB as they did with a Firewire interface of a Weiss INT 202 or Konnekt interface (either linear supplied)(Dave wouldn't...
Could be but I absolutely hear it and passed blindtests convincingly. Perhaps I'm trying to find a reason but it's not a bad idea. Just adding to the discussion. Feel freeto be rude. I've nothing to prove. You guys can have your ball back and toss it around the circle. I also think EVERY USB dac is worthless for hearing significant differences. Fine for making the noise from a pic more palatable but thanks t's about it. You can now hate on me some more. Ciao.
The idea that you can't hear below a noise floor is a poor one. The possible advantage of HiDef is more about timing than acoustic bandwidth or measured noise floor and probably why I prefer it. Remember thresholds of what is considered audible was done with listening tests of single tones before solid state. The same ones the stated 1db is the threshold of difference when we know 1/2 db used as EQ in something good is repeatably distinguishable. I've done it. What happens...
There should be dither (intentional low level noise) added when rendered back so that can cause a very minor difference but for all intents and purposes that's correct, especially on less revealing 16 bit​.​