Posts by goodvibes

I think your tastes are similar to mine and suspect that you'll prefer it in a few ways. I instantly gravitated to the Angie when both were there for a listen. Layla was a bit warm and laid back for me. I didn't listen to them for very long and attributed the laid back character to the warmth as the bass wasn't all the way down but I can see it being a bit more than that. Angie was what I personally consider more balanced in perspective and tonality. It also won't be right...
That's cool. For me, everything has a sig and the Angie is as free of it as anything else. I also feel there's other attributes beyond overall sig once close. I like them enough for the both of us.  It's a funny things about IEMs. I'm not into flavors of speakers because I think rightness is always interpreted correctly in open space relative to nature but when it comes to IEMs and the way individual ear canal geometries can (or don't) interact, I get the sense that not...
If you get the opportunity, try that thing I PMed you about.
Where do you live?
Just to be clear, my understanding is that the bass adjuster is only in line with one pair of the 4 woofers and the rest of the device has a direct path to the plug. I would hope that any after market cable would continue to at least offer this option. At the least, there will always be a resistor (bridge) in it's place so why not continue to offer the variability?
As he didn't answer, I will. Yes and that's been the case with all the FPs and sirens. As for Currowong's other comments. I think an X5 just sounds that way though I read the latest FW is better and I agree about the general warmth and why I gravitated toward the Angie when I listened. I think most IEM listeners like that warmth and call it 'natural' (it's also not foreign to dynamics). I am not one of those. As an overall description, natural, neutral and accurate all...
I haven't but my understanding is that it's on it's way out or gone. When I heard the 901s, I was thinking that perhaps another board would fix what I heard which was a bit of middyness that I didn't hear in the 901 when I auditioned it. I get the tweeker thing but I sure wouldn't want to diddle about with all those boards unless I had a dealer with them on hand for me to try. I think they're probably offering a balanced out capable board as stock for this reason but it...
As for best DAP. I think folks should seek out and try the Lotoo Paw Gold, HM-901 with a preferred card (not the 901 's' as of yet as it didn't sound finished when i heard it in Jan. I suspect it's still getting some voicing before coming to market) and the AK240. Each has their strengths. I'm quite enjoying the Lotoo. I've heard the Calyx and most of the popular sub $1k players and personally don't think them quite in this league.
I had my jh13 with me and they're pretty efficient but as I said, I wasn't being critical of the V steps. I do have a device or 2 that I find the steps to large on so I'm not immune to the issue either.
I think some might have issue with the terms sterile and warm about the same device. I assumption is that you mean it was warm enough to hinder your involvement. I also found it a bit warm but haven't heard it with the bass at min or with numerous sources. Why I was so taken by the Angie.   I think it's a matter of horses for courses and acclimation as many wouldn't find some of the things I like warm enough. Warm headphones also tend to add a bit of sparkle on top to...