Posts by goodvibes

RWAK120s still has optical out. Why wouldn't it work?
They'll play but it's possible that the converter used isn't compatible. Sometimes happens with open source codes or could be related to tagging in some way. I can also play 24/44 FLAC. 
Haven't tried that but have used a well regulated linear supply with SP/dif source. Took the right supply with voltage adjusted but also got a qualitative improvement.
All been discussed as you've seen. I doubt we've changed our views. Try for yourself and report back. Good luck with needing an explanation. If you think all is explainable it's time to buy a clip.
It's a sig thing. The Roxanne has as much extension as others with 'sparkle' but not enough emphasis in the right places for those looking for it with that warmish sig. Whether a cable fixes it for some or not is only known by testing but I probably would have gone elsewhere after audition if it didn't appeal. I would only try a standard construction pure silver (no gold, no plating, no litz, no extra conductors) if I were to give it a shot. It won't change the bandwidth...
I prefer the new JHAs but take with a grain as I haven't A/B'd directly. The K10 and Roxanne didn't have me longing to change from my JH13fp. I'm having a hard time forgetting about the Angie and Layla.    I think JH's current stock Siren cable voices well with the new models. It will sound different but you may not prefer your new cable.    You're not too far away from Chicago to make Axpona next month. Both JHA and Noble participated last year. You could check with...
I suspect a lot of these lists will not be with the best FW for the fellow reviewing it. I really like 2.1 on my Ak100 mk2. Though it will never resolve as the best here on 24 bit material, it would fit category 4 in kkcc's list and above the x5, around the ZX1/Calyx on Currawong's on overall performance in my own personal opinion. I've heard the Calyx with whatever was the latest FW in Jan and even though it was a bit more resolving, wouldn't have chosen it over the Ak100...
Of what I'm familiar, that looks about right. My only differences would be with the AK120 and DX90. I genuinely liked the DX90 but preferred my old AK120 and slightly prefer my AK100 mk2 to the DX90 as well but it is a bit FW dependant so I can certainly understand a difference of opinion. I liked them all a bit more than the X5 but that will also be preference and interface dependant.   Haven't heard the ZX2 or PAW Gold but like you, do hear a difference between the new...
That's correct in the US.