Posts by goodvibes

Beyond that it wouldn't be a bad idea to put a resistor in series with one of the amps to isolate loads a bit. Something like at least 100 ohms up to 1k ohms depending on input impedance. Try to stay at leat 20-1 relative to input impedance and even lower values will help. Subtle difference but generally audible and the resistor won't hurt anything except a slight change in gain on whichever amp it's fronting. Ask Shiit about it and see what they think. I'd suspect Mike...
When I listened on an ak240 without my own files or adjusting the bass controls on either, I slightly preferred the Angie but that really needs to be taken with a grain because of conditions. Others have clearly preferred the Layla and I could see that happening with another player or bass settings. What impressed me is that both had a rightness that transcends tonal balance and distortion about them. Highly informative, dynamic contrast, low floor, even balanced ease...
I haven't heard the V8 but of the rest, the jh16 is my least favorite. The new Sirens genuinely impressed me.
I want to make it clear that I'm not blaming you here but putting it damp under a towel in the sun may have a allowed humidity to enter the phone in a steam room sort of way. Same sort of thing that happens to watches. Had you just laid it on a lounge or table to dry, it may have been fine. Why it may pass a Sony test but failed in use. At this point, I'd open it myself, clean the lenses and assume it's no longer watertight if you can't get satisfaction. It's also...
I haven't heard the earworks but did hear a standard jh13 before getting the fp and the fp is also a significant improvement on the original. If I were in the market right now, besides the 13fp, I'd also be looking at the Angie, Earworks, K10 etc. I think there's enough shows and CanJams where folks should wait for an opportunity and make an effort to give an actual listen before jumping in.
I've effectively grown up doing this sort of thing and for me, perhaps you and likely Rudy etc, there's little choice but to hear differences even with less than perfect recordings. I totally agree with the above statement but so very very few of my files are that poor that it would be the exception. That said situations can easily be deceiving. I've also found downsampling files does seem to rob them beyond what you would get from recording an analog master again at a...
    When does opinion turn to 
 I'm sorry but no 2 things sound alike nor is anything perfect so that both would have no flaws to be identical. Guy should be fired today....unless the files he used were crappy to enough to mask things....in which case the guy should have been fired yesterday. 
Haven't tried but the Lotoo PAW Gold looks viable for this purpose.