Posts by goodvibes

Mincing words a bit. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. Just dampen the intent of some to convince others that something this expensive has to be a rip...without ever having experienced it. Can we at least wait until it exists? LOL  If I don't want it, I don't buy it and it doesn't affect my other choices beyond maybe having more options by waking up the competition. I ask myself the same questions every time i purchase something as we all should but I...
There are limits in files and transducers as well. I haven't gone beyond the ak120 in their series either. I've got a PAW Gold here as well. They're different and the PAW does some stuff better than anything else but the ak120 with FW 1.30 is pretty satisfying when I feed it a great 24/192 file. I may try dropping the output impedance if I get around to it but it's not something I'm aware of in use and I like the simple dedicated OS.
Heard one at CES and then Axpona. It was clearly more sonically sorted at Axpona and simply very good.
As it should. Cheers. The motor tilt​ screw tension is also a big deal and something many dealers miss. Just tight enough to stabilize the motor and send the least tension to the steel plate and vibration to the plinth is pretty audible. I'm also more fond of getting the speed right (More tilt) than flat against the pulley like many do. Speed affects how accurate the RIAA curve will be. Oops, getting off track......
I'm always satisfied with my old stuff until I hear a clear upgrade...and then I'm still not disatisfied. It's a hobby so I like to play with stuff but I still like my Quad 57s as well as some expensive modern kit.
Gee, I don't understand the tone. I think we can agree they released it to make money. You know, like a business. Of course they tested the market and priced it to be able to make it if they didn't sell that many. Obviously selling more greatly increased their profits but it's them sticking their necks out a bit that allowed it to happen. The AK380 is much the same and we'll see if it pays off or not. Thing is, we continue to have more and better cheap players all the time...
Makes sense as it probably has a short buffer overrun when playing the highest defs. May have to do with cards used in conjunction as well. To play gapless, there needs to be some read ahead to join tracks.
Nothing like spending money to make it worse (keel, cirkus, trampoline...). That and getting you into the store to tweak your table every 6 months is silly. They should train their setup guys better. Tables will hold for years when a good tech gets at it. I still like the very early subchassis with only a few welds best, if they don't buzz. I'm biased but that other line works for me and at least gets better with the pricing and progression. Hope you kept what you had...
I'd say you were selfish in implying no one should be able to attain something you personally don't see the value in. It's quite the myopic view. The Hugo is already so good that it's enough for most which also means the Dave will not sell as well even if a clear upgrade which I suspect it is. New more expensive hardware along with R&D/code for not nearly as many made to amortize those costs means it will cost significantly more. We don't know about rejection rates etc as...
I think you'll find the service dept pretty good. Problem is that they're getting too much practice.