Posts by goodvibes

To be fair, I think there is some variability in all the MAs but yah, GR10 was my fav of the lot. Haven't heard the EQ-8
Sounds like you may be able to hear both universals tomorrow and I would go with what sounds better to you on audition with the same source. Neither is as warm or cold as your current phones. jh13 has more low bass without warming the mids. It comes down to whether you feel that represents a more accurate representation of live listening where bass mixes across channels or not. I happen to like it but it's personal.
This is why I told him to connect to his computer in program mode. I mistakenly said to hold the next button while connecting. It should be the Vol + button. Of course, I have no idea if a MAC will recognize it. May need a PC and this link for the tool and it's drivers http://www.freak-tab.de/freaktab/Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.7.rar
Not that it matters but here is what Rin wrote when measuring a 535 with the same impedance curve and driver compliment. "an addition of 33 Ω yields a sharp -6 dB dip at 6 kHz". That would be from it's normalized response. Calculations are also relative to where max output is achieved at high impedance and we haven't even reached it in that graph. Not an arbitrary reference line. That it's still steeply rising like that at the top has me thinking the output impedance...
The relays may be before the output stage to not pass DC or pops along to the amp section while coming up. Relays tend to hold up as well as switches or pots but it has to do with the quality of each and really, the earphones only touch at single points as well. Barrel against a perpendicular rounded contact. Also not a fan of high current relays in speaker paths but have no issue with them in relatively low current applications. It generally comes down to using a relay, a...
I think we all know it matters. Rises at the top above 10K but as I said, when you get into multi ways it's variable due to a few factors. I would guess the output impedance above 10 ohms with 220uF coupling caps.
Nothing like experience.
Shure 425 and 530 don't really either. It's quite variable with multis. I don't think the impedance curve of the NT6 hurts it much. It dips most where it has a bump in the response. A 2 ohm output may actually sound OK on it. Seems people don't mind 2 ohm out with the Shure either though it bothers me a bit that mainstream manufacturer makes a new device that drops that low. I don't mind it nearly as much on specialty products where buyers are more aware and willing to...
TF10 and some others do drop but as I clearly stated, it's unpredictable. It's possible that the CT7 drops in the highs as well but it very unlikely on a modern 50 ohm device that it drops to where it will cause a loss of more than 1db. The 2 way TF10 is an extreme example and commonly used to test worst case scenarios of DAPs. Useful enough but to be honest, I think any modern IEM shouldn't drop that low to be considered well designed.   LOL, I didn't draw those...
It should boot on that charger even if the battery is dead. The factory reset is in settings. Hope it's OK but when it comes to electronics, it can happen to anything and anybody and usually does so early.