Posts by goodvibes

I'm open. Chill guys. Can't wait to hear it. I'm hoping there's someone in this big city willing to help with a compare. Seems the criticism is of me and not my tech points so I'm good. The notion put forth that I'm protecting my investment with bias is what got this going and honestly, I'm all for cheaper and better so lets move on. I have never said it was worse than UPNP. Just don't understand why it would be better for home use and pointing at differences. I'm off till...
 I reserve the right to respond to quotes. Just to be clear. The cost of a REDNET setup isn't an issue and I readily admit to not hearing it so have no 1st hand experience of performance nor have ever implied as much. That was never in question. Just pointing out what may or may not be limitations. I remember when USB via Itunes and before that, CDs were perfect sound forever and praised. I never accepted either of those 'truths' either, regardless of what others may have...
One last post. Try 88 or 176 if available. Less interpolation is usually a good thing.
Because I like music, technology and may have a use for it at some point. Not everything needs to be the absolute best at everything to be the right thing for something. Why are you so defensive of the tech and offensive to posters at the same time? My posts are neither aggressive nor dismissive and I didn't see this as a REDNET appreciation thread but you're right, I have no need to be insulted here, multiple times. I left for a few weeks earlier after a couple posts for...
I always thought the HF5 pretty good and neutral with a friendly yet informative enough top end, a bit rolled in the bass. What's your take on the differences to the re00?
as do I and I never believed in Delta Sigma as something better. I also am not a fan of converting on the fly which is part of this protocol but will listen when I can as anything can be faulted.  My ears tell me that my source is not limiting. I will wait and listen to Rednet for a final opinion but don't expect me to use your ears to tell which is better. I can easily differentiate between 24/96 and 24/192 wav dubs on what I use and can compare to what was just recorded...
I will but I don't need to be converted from USB. I totally agree with you about that.
and favors low latency with error correction over buffering for accuracy. I'm not looking to digitally reformat and recover my music whether digital or analog. I can see this as great for real time pro use but I don't see myself ever going here for personal listening. Like most new formats, there is both good and bad. Early adopters concentrate on the good and the bad is usually discovered later, when practical applications are more scrutinized. Pro or studio kit isn't...
I'l give my take on these with some tips and overall once they're here and I have 100 hrs on them
Damn you! So cheap I have to hear these.