Posts by goodvibes

Not entirely true, there is a DC blocking and impedance matching output transformer that can have just as large or larger effect than a coupling cap. No free lunches. Looks to be some resistors and chokes as well. If you look at an OTL amp that will have a lot of output tubes in parallel to lower output impedance, they use very large coupling caps in place of the transformer and consider it an advantage so it's all relative and debateable. The issue becomes whether adding...
Find some dual flange tips, push them to the base and you should be good. There only quibble is lack of extension at the top but it will be dap sig and personal preference dependant as to how you feel about that.
I heard them move a little but the sibilance was never gone for me. Probably because I listen to a lot of different stuff but I didn't see myself acclimating.
That you obviously didn't understand. Good information is good information and changing your responses after it's pointed out that you erred and not admitting same if just bad. I'm out. This is ridiculous. You're much more concerned about your persona than disseminating good information. Mods, if possible, please restore the posts that were changed after a response was given. 
I was initially adding to the understanding of why and how coupling caps can work and your response to that was way off base. Never ever had an issue with the blog. Just your incorrect interpretation. You said a larger coupling cap wouldn't help and in fact block highs in your response to me and then removed that comment after my (again) correct response. Poor form. Just say oops and move on. I'll make sure to quote you in the future.
You really need to stop tech talk. Your opinion on sound is as valid as anyone's but your tech is rarely on point. Series capacitors are high pass filters and used to block DC so no high frequency roll. Larger value has a lower cutoff frequency relative to impedance. As load impedance drops, value needs to increase. The stuff in the blog is great but fortunately we don't listen to 40hz square waves. It's a severe test to make a point which he does well but one that you've...
It's not that they're capacitive coupled, It's that the coupling capacitors are too low a value for low impedance IEMs. All to common back then and not that unusual now either. It's not as bad a practice as some make it out to be as it can simplify circuit design. Of course quality of parts and voicing comes into play here as well.
Didn't you have 2 at the old price?
Hear here.
One word. Malwarebytes.