Posts by goodvibes

Med. is what I like as well. 

I didn't find 48K any better sounding with downsampling and worse with 44 material (as expected). I only use 16/44 when I compare the FW's sonics. It's a preference of character thing and I happen to prefer Mango. If I was a Redbook with EQ or effects sort of guy, I'd be all about RB and like I said, think it sounds good on the unit.
Downloaded 8-31 from OP link. Pitched to zip so don't know which it is. I still prefer the native Lurker version FW but RB is a useful tool and does sound good on the unit with dither engaged.
and Rocoos do have fast scroll. Disappointing I'm sure. 901 may still be the best I've heard. Just too big for my use.
Dr. Cavalli once said, “if you have to use ultra-exotic parts or stress your circuitry to the limits to get the performance you need, then you probably do not have an adequate design in the first place.”   Are you buying a parts catalog or sound. I haven't heard a Liquid Glass but the last thing I would consider is weather or not it's using esoteric bits. A listen would suffice. Good circuit design and voicing is so much more important. Many good manufacturers use...
I noticed that the latest Rockbox build (been a while since I used it) allows either 44k or 48k operation. Is that correct? Can Rockbox now natively clock 48k?
It's not the cards which are all plenty fast enough for 192 but the overall interface with them. It's great that he addressed a seemingly marginal issue instead of ignoring or deflecting. 
Same hear(sic) but I do like a hybrid I got and did like the TWAG V3. Regular silver, the Moon, SPCs and 1% gold/silvers didn't do much for me either.
Just because it's not an electrical improvement, doesn't mean it isn't a sonic one. Voicing matters. That said, most cables(some costly) I tried on the jh13 weren't preferred to stock but a few were.