or Connect

Posts by goodvibes

Know them and a half dozen others 1st hand. beside listening to them, I've been inside a few different Beveridges that needed repair. Sonically, not into 6 foot guitars but they are really neat on orchestral as are Soundlabs. Audiostatics aren't bad either depending on model. Quads, including the new 2812 get me closer to what was recorded. All quads since the 63 have electrical roll off built into them before the transformers to sound accurate/natural in room. Has to do...
Nope. Only makes them worse as does stacking like Mark did. In fact, screwing them into frames is a disaster. The ribbons were there to tweak and compensate for the stacking. I'm 60 and have actually played with all this stuff. Owned all of the above including Decca ribbons etc. When setup correctly 57s are relatively linear from 45 to 19K and need no reinforcement in that range. Here's one measured (with some reflections and closer than optimal rear boundary. Quads also...
Old quads do that quite well.
I'm not downplaying capacitance in general, just trying to put it into perspective relative to this device. Stax even sold/sells (long) extension cables that no one complained about. This cable didn't need to be shorter and is actually longer than standard and I certainly didn't downplay the effort put into the cable itself. Midranges don't exhibit high frequency slew related distortions just because you roll their highs. They in fact exhibit less in system. It's part of...
At that length and claimed response to 50kHZ, sounds like the cable could be twice as long and still be useable beyond 20kHZ. Capacitance is an issue with stats but it will have to do with what sort of load the driver represents. I suspect that this one isn't that big of a deal. I'm sure there was a lot of effort put into the cable on many fronts including capacitance but there's only so much available electrically in a thin cable. Proximity vs gauge and dielectric...
Where did that wrong length even come from? As for the DAC, they probably didn't want to deal with dedicated drivers. Plug and play. Once I saw it was USB only for dig interface, I realized what they were doing and that most better software players or PCs will downsample on the fly. Easy file access won't be an issue. Unless they offer SP/dif at some point, higher bit rates will be less or unimportant. Seeing how this is an analog 1st device but can still improve...
Shure Asia site says the cable is 140cm (55”) long.   http://www.shureasia.com/go/kse1500/en/
Oh, well then. We are a strange lot. 
It's not like he forces himself to listen to them, LOL. 
So you're saying we're a good fit?