Posts by goodvibes

Even a speaker that measures flat at 1m will show rolloff and greater distances and your ear doesn't perceive flatness the same as a microphone. If an IEM was measured as truly flat to 20k in a cylinder, it wouldn't sound right. I'm a little surprised there isn't a more accepted compensation curve at this point. I know Etymotic has done a lot of work towards this a while back but I suspect they were done in mono and why they seem bass lean without natural acoustic...
Lots more to it. I quite liked the 4 and k10 when I heard them. Can't think of a phone I tonally prefer to a K10 though there may be a couple of flavors I like similarly. K10 was quite composed yet present. The 4 had a bit of that twfk character but in the good way. 
I'd guess is that it looks a lot like a Q-jays but it sounds significantly better.
There are probably superfluous files on the card that it ignores during a scan and therefore sees as new on every turn on.
Check which FW you have in settings. If it's version DT-DYNAMIC 2011.12.23 leave it be.
Well said.
Same as stock except for the solder and possibly some voicing and battery.
Never heard an X3 but the DX90 is a very smooth and detailed player. Should fit nicely.
Only if you show a graph from a competing product with a graph from the same source and are aware of the test characteristics. I only said inconclusive as to things like confirming 'house sound' or overall goodness from very differing graph sources. I think that was over reaching. Of course, each designer has his own ear but it only goes so far as each design will have limitations, regardless of price. I had no desire to change from my JH13fp for either of the flagships in...
Here's another of the universal. Just shows how conditions vary the result. You're certainly entitled to your opinion but always best to listen and not draw conclusions from pictures of what are known to be VG products. Check these of the UM Miricle and Roth LS8 taken under similar conditions as your old version JH13 graph. These graphs also don't speak to things like group delay or phase shift. There's lots they don't say.     Don't get me wrong here. I loved...