Posts by goodvibes

I didn't pay much attention to the battery but I believe it said 7.x V on it. Could be 2 3.7v batteries packaged in series. I actually measured a significantly filtered rail on the device at 9v. Battery is easy to get to so maybe I'll look at it's markings again tomorrow but it's rated voltage and working rail voltages are not the same thing.    I don't consider 82db of separation an engineering problem, LOL. I don't think folks have an idea about how much and sufficient...
This is one great DAP. Hard to fault, at least for how I use one. This has to be as good as anything out there with only function and flavor preferences. It's physically scaled well and a lot more portable than I expected. I opened this one up to see inside for myself and it just beautifully made with proper bits. Large tants as added capacity etc. I have a tweak in mind but really, there's no reinventing the wheel here. Lotoo deserves a massive amount of credit for...
Looks cost effective...for them.​ If it sounds great, they deserve it, LOL.
I think the price point is spot on for a top contending at a value type device. To compete today, you need to offer a better device or more for less and at this price it needs to sound better than things like a zx1 or ak100II that simply work very well. Of course it will take function and sound to justify but even in their inexpensive home unit, their digital signal managing is effective and it should be updated here. Getting the best in digital has much to do with what...
Great build, lack of fatigue from sound or fit, convenience of size and easy to deal with cable along with sound quality make it a very attractive package and the 'e's are freindlier and more extended sounding. The only negative vs the original is that isolation is a few db worse due to the vent. Easy enough to plug the hole for a bit if more important for a situation.
Less extra warmth./midbass but clearly more low bass and extension.
I see that you also found those HE1000s. Those and the Sirens are what caught my ear at CES.
I really did but I'm not implying it's better. It had less warm mids and got a bit more black in the situation I heard them in which was admittedly short and specific. On an AK120II, I may have preferred the Layla as the Angie was a nat hair lean on that one and I didn't do any bass adjustments either. We're splitting hairs here on AKs that most say sound the same. Perhaps hearing them through these new Sirens made their differences easier to perceive.  Speaking of...
Part of their goodness. More chameleon like than the majority of their rivals. Other than a bit extra deep bass that is mitigated with a good cable choice, they are just revealing of source. How different that cables, files, FWs and source components can sound through these is great indicator of their overall lack of sig. They can sound smooth or etched, bassy or thin and why you get so many diverse comments about them. People are listening through them more than to them....