Posts by goodvibes

Questyle owners are a reasonable and civil lot.
Are you a tiny girl in a photo shoot trying to maintain your virgin ears or someone looking for tunes?
Just a few notes.   This is primarily a DAP and should be compared to same.    If DecentLevi would like to PM me his email address, I'll send him both 1.05 and 1.02 which is even a hair more laid back sounding. Perhaps he can revisit.   The post linked by Dithyrambes, that he said may have helped him in not trying the QP!r is written by a reviewer that gave the QP1r the best of 2015 award. I don't think further investigation into that reviewers thoughts would have...
To each his own but no downside in choice or trying it. Once run in, it's definitely more balanced with the tweak. I'd recommend folks run them in for 50 hrs, see what they think and then try the mod. Go with whatever floats your boat.    The current models have one vent about the same size as one of the 2 in these. May not mean much as there are other differences as well.
I do and have. I'm a big fan of olives in general and have always preferred them to other foam tips. They were my fave tip forced onto PL-50s and I used decores ages ago on some FOTM IEMs from a German distributor that were hot in the day. I prefer the UEs on this one. They also stay put. Decores had a habit of staying in your ears when you removed the IEMs. Spirals look like a nice option for the modded unit.Try what I described on the previous page. It's not a subtle...
Would it hurt to try covering one hole, LOL. People do a lot more for a lot less.
Will do if I get some. Only heard good things about them. My Grado/Ortofon tips weren't as good as the UEs on these.
The vents are on either side of the silver disk on the back. Easy enough to plug one up and bring it back if you want it stock again. I already filled one with clear nail polish as I'm done. It's not just more midbass but the low bass is greatly enhanced. They're actually better after another 8hrs of play. Opened up some with the bass slightly more linear. I usually run at a good clip for 8 hr intervals with some rest in between while breaking in earphones. I can easily...
Bass-O-Plenty with one vent closed and adding an amp seems to be counterproductive for portable use or cost effectiveness. EQ also won't change the Q.
OK guys, I played them for about 8 hours pretty hard and just listened. Bass isn't of a correct level and they lack a certain, solidity or boogieness. I should wait longer but really, these aren't going to get where I'd like them to be in the bass. This is on an absolute basis as they are great for the dough. I was under the impression that they could perhaps be vented to increase the bass that everyone has said is low. Before receiving them, I thought maybe doing so via...