Posts by goodvibes

There's always the poll results to consider. It shows a preference but also that agreement will never be universal.
Guys, try a HiDef wav file. 
I don't agree with that description. DX90 is very smooth, harmonic, more textured and already on the warmer side of things. Rockbox makes it more forward and jump a bit more. I personally prefer the stock FW but prefer either to the X5. All IMO of course. I didn't find the X5 very natural sounding. IMO, it has too much bass and a less even sounding top end. To me it creates more of it's own sound than the more natural DX90. Extra bass is not more natural. It's an unnatural...
First, I'd try a stock cable and then a regular stranded silver. No gold and no litz. If that isn't lean enough, I'd suspect the build or drivers.
The clear back is stick on and can be carefully pried off. 4 corner screws and your in. If you find a screw, return it to a board corner and use a tiny amount of nail polish on the edge of the screw.
I've forgotten, have you opened it and looked for loose screw possibly causing a problem? 
They do have extra low bass but not to where you're describing. Break in should be a non issue for a used set. Perhaps it has to do with the 2nd party rebuild. If a bore isn't positioned correctly it can seem down in amplitude and relatively increase other ranges. If the FP portion wasn't followed precisely, that could also cause some cancellation at certain frequencies. Jerry did say he had to change the crossover points and slopes to compensate for the drivers being in...
yup
I find the hiss on the 3rd anv noticeably lower than the previous model. Sounds better as well.
I like small DAPs and IEMs. You know, the kind that there's still room in my pants for.