Posts by goodvibes

Glad you figured that out. There is no loss in turning down the Mojo to fit.
I generally prefer vinyl to CD and always at the same level of well chosen kit but there are crappy TTs and Cartridges and some VG (expensive) CD players so it's relative. There are also different levels of digital files and playback, the best of which is at a level beyond Vinyl. I can't dub a live 24/192 recording to a cutter and not lose something. I can record a record at 24/192 and not lose anything meaningful, and can sound better on playback. Just having the table in...
Holy crapola. I'm sure these guys are trying and honest but not hearing a 1.4db increase in the 100hz range? Said no one can here HiDef but later preferred DSD to wave????? This wont be popular but I hate PC and/or usb dac as a source. It really does limit differences but that must be one crapped up PC. There is still enough differences in general or even line stages etc where you would hear something. As far as I'm concerned, no 2 pieces of electronics sounds the same...
I listen to 80% 24/192 of some sort and don't care for DSD. The extra bandwidth on digital helps things line up timing wise or so it would seem. Seems to get blacker and more rhythmic. Once analog, there is nothing to misalign or reconstruct. You want some internal bandwidth and short paths for things like feedback in an amp but limiting the bandwidth at the input of an amplifier (as long as no in band phase shift, which means maybe 3 db down at 50k sort of thing) can...
While I agree with you guys about the (un)importance of amplifier bandwidth, I know  of home woofers that do go down to 20hz and it's worth having response below 22hz for scale and sense of space/hall though it doesn't need to be dead flat there. If at the correct level (lower than you think) and not bleeding into the midbass, it's a good thing. The vast majority of subwoofers are played too loud, too high up the bandwidth, don't have great low bass and just kinda suck so...
This is too complicated to go into depth about here. But HiDef goodness isn't about having bandwidth above 20k though a Dac does need to do that internally. The contention is that it works better between 20 to 20 by being HiDef. It's always up for debate but I'm a fan. In theory, you could start a shallow post filter roll at 20k on a HiDef DAC without detriment and still benefit from the 24/192 aspects. Analog amplifiers need to respond quickly but that internal speed...
Awesome. Too bad I'm so happy with my jh13fp.
Why the qualifier? 
This is not something I'll use as I like it all in one, including control point, for portable but it's an awesome product and extremely well conceptualized. Congrats. Those that already use Mojos on the go get nothing but benefits with the poly and lose previously required hard connections, cables, clock recovery etc etc. How can anyone have issue with more features and versatility?
What if the pair you hear break in aren't your main listening pair? That's some awesome mental gymnastics.