Posts by goodvibes

I don't think he ever claimed it to be dead neutral and an odd assumption with a history of bass enhanced and bass control. Just low distortion, extended and adjustable. He's always bumped the treble on his bass heavy phones to accommodate the extra weight. The pricing is similar to non adjustable flagships from other makers. Don't get me wrong. You don't need to agree or like a product any product but buying before a listen isn't on the maker. It's also possible the JH...
True and the overall result is what matters in an imperfect world but I just stay away from things that don't sound right to me at the start.
For me, EQ is a parasitic disease.
Pretty much this. It's not a giant killer but stands plenty tall on it's own. I do think the DX90 has a bit more resolve (when the file is good enough to show it) but perhaps the Alien is more engaging.
Not interested in a debate but the theory is to use a small contact area as a mechanical choke and to decouple the item from a more massive cabinet etc that will tend to store energy for a longer duration. The best way to do this is not to use spikes on the piece of kit as it does tend to add more variables in terms of how it couples or decouples. Generally a light, nonresonant but relatively rigid shelf about the size of the unit with a clean top side and short, rigid,...
Those are flies.
Not necessarily but thats a lot of engineering and packaging hassle. JA has a good sonic track record so it's likely there for a reason and probably a win. It's a CIEM, many will adore it and some won't. The price alone will garner ridicule from those that would never consider it. That last one always seems a bit petty to me. 
Twas brillig, and the slithy toves Did gyre and gimble in the wabe; All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe.     Care to comment?
Sounds like that may finally change. 4th order and quad tweeters for his patented high frequency driver correction sounds very interesting. It's 4 instead of 2 because he's into siamesed pairs in his better products for lower distortion. 4th order networks aren't generally flat phase but instead curve like all pass filters that the ear is insensitive to. The steepness means that you only need to worry about phase and group delay for an octave on either side. 
Or you can get another one for cheap at the big group buy site.