or Connect

Posts by goodvibes

I have some issue with low level tracking, distortion etc on 16 bit and it's timing in general doesn't appeal to me for a few reasons. Timing isn't as affected by volume but that's not what the post is about.   That post was simply stating a technical aspect that to maintain 24 bit depth you need 40 bit float in the digital domain V control to be able to turn it down 96db from full up and not drop bits. The rest is a different discussion probably not for here. As a...
It will be like other AKs in terms of impedance vs frequency response. plays most things fine. I wonder what the amp attachment output is like. Not all top DAPs drop bit depth at lower volumes. Some have digitally controlled analog volume sections or simply mechanical controls. PAW, HM901, QP1 etc. Even digital controls can be configured to be effectively bit correct at any Volume that it would matter but for 24 bit material, you'd want 40 bit float. I don't know what AK...
Not for that price but I bet it wont be long before we see a premium case for what will obviously be a very popular item.    All I can say for that review is WOW! That was a monumental effort. Thanks.    The pre-production I heard was a touch warmer than an ak240 but it sounds like the production models are spot on. Even with (no longer) added warmth, those early units were quite resolved and had great control of things, musical.   To you, moedawg. 
/\LOL I'm at my limit for comment and will defer as I only listened on ak240 for a short period. In that scenario, the Layla was warmer and more laid back for me but it was only one source which doesn't give a full picture. I found the Angie slightly middy with the bass down. I do think 3-5k is more lower treble than upper mid in terms of perception. 
I believe Shigzeo is referring to the extremely low impedance of the Shure and the output impedance of a device doubling when in balanced mode. I was flabbergasted when shure introduced a new flagship with that low of an impedance. Shure is high volume enough to get custom drivers.  
ohotoge, just making sure you're aware that impedance is bottom curve. Looks like the highs would be quite sensitive to impedance. Phase curve doesn't look quite as linear as some other FPs but it's expected and quite good for steep slopes. Curve won't show group delay but they certainly sound in phase at the crossovers. Bass control looks to effectively be a for adjusting midbass to midrange balance. Low bass is there but down to the midbass a bit which is very common...
I haven't heard an AK380 and suspect you haven't heard the 380/woo combo but I do tend to prefer dedicated streaming devices over PCs via USB DACs for home playback. I also prefer listening to speakers but I don't see how that diminishes my portable enjoyment and my home kit dwarf these prices. I get what you've been saying about headphone perspective but there's still separation, localization etc and some brain fooling imaging available. Music isn't about massive amounts...
Yes, she has a nice pair of phones.
I suspect the midbass drops back a bit during run in and you get the dial closer to 12.