or Connect

Posts by goodvibes

So I just did the output mod running some wires direct from the last transistor tag to the output jack. It's a keeper. I'll go through the FWs again but 1.32 is sounding mighty fine. I had lost some bass with the jh13s and the stock output. jh13s drop to probably below 10 ohms in the bass and maybe the highs as well so the mod warmed it up some.
Who knows but they did say theve adopted some 32bit processing in and after 1.37 which seems to smooth it some.
Ypu may notice that those 770s are the high impedance version with cloth cups. Beyer themselves say it's a few db worse than the low impedance version and I also agree with that #. Notice his t70P measures -18. Others will do better but we're picking nits. Of course these figures will always be relative to how measured. ACS will be as good as it gets and they only spec 26 so it's always a bit relative. If there's ambient noise, you're not using an open design anyway.
They don't. The reality is within a few DB if actually designed for isolation. Beyer Dt770 has been around forever and has a reliable 20db in the non cloth cup versions. Standard non-vented iems with standard tips are similar. Much less if vented. Custom acrylic are in the 21 to 23 range as are sealed shures with well fit olives and the highest isolation comes from silicone CIEMs of which ACS gives the most reliable, non marketing spec of 26db. Shure clams an 'up to'...
It's also rude to owners to be called sheep and fools either directly or implied. It's fine grounds for curtailing that sort of rhetoric.
Sorry, I meant ak100. Typo. it wouldn't work the same for the 120.
Seal has something to do with this, Closed back headphones seal as well as IEMs. Open back tend to have foam or velvet cups, tend not to seal as well so there's some natural 'give'. Of course, that's a variable. I think most folks regularly listen to music in relatively quiet environments which makes a seal less important. I'm sure there's exceptions but I doubt many are mowing the lawn or travelling with open headphones which is the situation that would create those...
With IEMs, it's all pistonic pressure below 5k.
I heard a Calyx again the other day. It was better than I remembered. Super clean and but to the point of not being as natural sounding. Sort of lacked a bit of texture or harmonic for me. Almost spotlighty though not bright as it once was. Still a great player. It's DAPs and interfacing means a lot so I can see this sort of thing going many ways. I suppose those that have been using one or another have found a nice pairing of IEM/Cable etc and when changing the DAP can...
Not really it's variable and works as a pressure limiter. It's valve nature should allows normal sound at lower levels while protecting from those over excursions that damage. It can also be configured to somewhat inversely correct for the fletcher munson curve when properly configured. We've got youngish folks here complaining of tinnitus. We can agree to disagree but there have been studies linking IEM use to hearing damage. I'm not buying them just because it's there...