Posts by goodvibes

That would be a fit issue. Olives are some of the best isolating tips but obviously don't fit these phones.
I also appreciate the effort. I do think that FR is important but it's just one parameter. Phase becomes equally almost as important for an audiophile once source if good enough. Perhaps more important if it's weird enough.
  If I'm not mistaken the warranty is non transferable and obviously not valid when not in the country where purchased. Doesn't mean it won't get taken care of under warranty but no guarantees, so to speak. I think your best avenue of attack would be to have the original owner that you bought defective product from either give you a refund or handle the service and return them to you once sorted. If you got a deal because they were marginal, well... A purchase at a local...
Portable headphones for a portable DAP? There's a reason that HiFiman make a high efficiency version. Here's a hint. It doesn't work with Stax either. Joke. Is a $5k setup too expensive for a $3k headphone? I think it's the price of admission as the he1000s were always intended for an amp though the following sort of contradicts that a bit.  Last time I compared, I actually preferred Grado PS500e with large cups the the He1000v2 when driven by a couple VG headphone amps......
Sewing needle. I mentioned this a while back for deep wax and think it got picked up on. No reason a thin one with large eye wouldn't be good for everything.
I can tell you that having to bake even decade old magnetic tape to make it usable for transfer doesn't bode well for it's longevity. You'd be surprised at how many store them tails in ( on the feed reel) which makes print through many times more apparent.
Easy enough to extend.
Glad you figured that out. There is no loss in turning down the Mojo to fit.
I generally prefer vinyl to CD and always at the same level of well chosen kit but there are crappy TTs and Cartridges and some VG (expensive) CD players so it's relative. There are also different levels of digital files and playback, the best of which is at a level beyond Vinyl. I can't dub a live 24/192 recording to a cutter and not lose something. I can record a record at 24/192 and not lose anything meaningful, and can sound better on playback. Just having the table in...
Holy crapola. I'm sure these guys are trying and honest but not hearing a 1.4db increase in the 100hz range? Said no one can here HiDef but later preferred DSD to wave????? This wont be popular but I hate PC and/or usb dac as a source. It really does limit differences but that must be one crapped up PC. There is still enough differences in general or even line stages etc where you would hear something. As far as I'm concerned, no 2 pieces of electronics sounds the same...