Posts by goodvibes

Put a .2uF capacitor in series of the input of the A2s and it will be 6db per octave slope, 3db down (crossover point) at 80hz.  Simple math ratios to move the xover point up or down. Quality will depend on the part used.
I'm a big fan of those Grados but the move is probably the wrong direction. Check the impedance swing and the actual impedance below the measured 1Khz reference. You'll probably have less apparent bass with the GR10 considering the highish output impedance of the Tera. They are basically 60 and 20 ohm devices over the entire bass range. You're better off with the GR8. If they are new, they respond well to vigorous break in for a few days. They gain some bass/warmth and...
Probably should be. Didn't appeal to me but others certainly like it, especially with an amp.
So much more to these things than which bits you use anyway.
I wouldn't do it if you haven't soldered before. I was very fast about and the actual solder job could have looked better but it was safer this way. The ends are plastic and it would be very easy to overheat. Shaving away a bit of that plastic between the contacts doesn't hurt either. You can just solder to an edge of the connection battery without all that solder in the connecting area but it's more difficult to make look good. Doesn't matter if they're good joints.
I think the pisen is a good quality battery. It lasts close enough to the Samsung to not really notice. The Samsung just sounds better and I can confirm that 2 Samsung soldered together is the way to go. I suspect the extra long playing times come from a combo of lower bit rates and low volume. I can't remember the last time I slept for 9 hours.
Lurker's. With Rockbox, it's got plenty of push but not as refined. I like Lurker's take on 2.1 the best. I really enjoy the DX90 and just commenting on sig can be like overstating things. Preference will certainly play a roll. I like a lively presentation as long as it's not bright or aggressive. Use JH13fp. Even with my take, the DX90 remains the clear value leader here. It's not just that the DX90 sounds great and has served me well, iBasso is good people that deserve...
I'd take the AK120 over the DX90. I just got an AK100 mk2 and it's more than competitive with the DX90 and happens to be more my flavor. AK120 > AK100MK2 = or > DX90 > ak100 due to output impedance. Haven't heard the new AKs. DX90 could use a touch more color or prat. The sort of thing that may come from a future FW update. DX90 is still very resolved and the best thing I've heard in it's price range, makes it a great deal.    I'm still a sucker for a small DAP and the...
Unit may be great at what it does but without a proper coax or for that matter any SP/dif input it could never compete with the best, given top sources. That said, it's purpose is portable but then even limited to I devices. The line out is the headphone out with fixed gain. Could be really good with I devices and as a USB DAC connected directly to headphones but overall it's rather self limiting compared to the admittedly much more expensive Hugo. That's a lot of brick to...
I just bought and AK100mk2 for a bit less than the used Sony prices so..... I liked my old AK120 but really prefer the size of the AK100 so I thought I'd give the Mk2 version of the old player a try. If I want more, I can always send it to Mezzo. I also liked having 2 card slots along with buttons. New players are manageable but larger as well.