or Connect

Posts by goodvibes

Open back do tend to be better for me but it's not an absolute or about reflections of the cup. Wavelengths are too to short for that to be a major issue. It's also not hearing the 'air' outside like some have also described in ported IEMs which respond similarly as described here. It will have to do with changes in Q (damping) and corresponding changes in frequency response. Cups can over damp the system and create a less free sound along with more midbass and sometimes...
If you feel you need the outboard amp, just use the 3.5mm analog line out. To be clear, the dig out is TOS only and the the same jack does analog line out. You need a superior DAC to benefit from TOS out, something like a HUGO or better. The inboard circuit does a wonderful job without the need for clock recovery or interface issues. You may want to try the inboard amp as well, unless there are features you need/want on the ican.
I'd fully expect that to be the case unless it's a very expensive pre amp. We don't know the output impedance of the LO so I'd keep the cable as short as possible or low capacitance for those that want to try this. May not be needed but it will assure a good result. looks like you've got it covered.  p.s. One more thing, Re-listen without that APC. My experience is that they make good things less good, regardless of price. Id completely unplug it for comparison as the line...
This is the route I would take. Unless your willing to buy a Hugo, the line out to amp will be better than connecting to a dac/amp via the dig out. The internal DAC implementation and LO are just that good.
You may love it. It's got a full, weighty sound that many love. Just because I didn't keep mine and someone else isn't too thrilled doesn't mean you'll feel that way.
I had one for a short time. Never felt it was 'bad' but I was underwhelmed, not for the price as much as for the hype. Not a bad buy but not special sounding for the price and compromise of no screen. Qualitatively, I clearly preferred my DX90 and AK100 mk2 at the time, would reach for my 3rd anv before the alien as well. The AK being best of those 3. None of the 4 sounded much the same but the Shozy was the least insightful with a sort of added note thickness/ less...
 I'm saying it doesn't jive but don't pretend to know ones motivations. Any inferences belong to the beholder.
What part of analog took 40 years to get reliable? Quad speakers in stereo with valve amps and an ortofon moving coil sounded pretty awesome in 1960.  Mount the music share of your nas as a pc drive and then organize as you see fit and use any player you prefer. Wont need a server program if you want to avoid using one. You can also install a selected server program on your NAS and serve it up to your pc via a phone interface as controller with search options defined by...
Take it a step further and look where that more elevated distortion exists. In a band that will play at fraction of the volume of lower ranges in actual use. Info over 2K tends to be 20db down from lower frequency info. In use that distortion figure is operating off of about 10% the actual voltage in lower ranges and is likely unnoticeable, even at greatly elevated volumes. I have some big problems with how measurements are evaluated vs real world results. It just like...
Looks pretty awesome.