or Connect

Posts by goodvibes

I think everything breaks in. How much will have to do with the device and how resolved (including software) a setup is. With those, it shouldn't be mechanical though you never know if there may be a calculated change in diaphragm tension once in use, so it wouldn't be as noticeable as some other transducers but there's a still a lot of electronics and cabling.
Even in Binaural recordings, that canal will be different than yours and at what depth do you put the mic which is limited by size and placement. Hard enough to find a great mic at any size and pattern. You're also limited to real time stereo recordings in acoustic space which eliminates 99% of what's available. No multitrack, mixing, level adjustments, reverb etc. There's a reason that so few exist when the market for them has seemingly increased 100 fold. Don't get me...
At the cost of some of the dynamic contrast and timing. To each his own but for me it's a poor trade off when it's so hard to get it right in the 1st place. HiFi is awash with the desire to make things something they are not and generally, when those effects are perceived as improvement, the original message or goose bump factor had already been lost. All IMO and regarding music, not gaming. Like I said. To each his own.
Everything is included and even if mixed in headphones it will still sound less natural than a great HiFi system in a good room unless it's a binaural recording. 
It does have a confident ease doing complicated things that is rather unique to IEMs. The presentation can be be both rhythmically exciting and relaxed in execution at the same time.
Only the good bits.
Viva la difference! I agree about Freqphase for multi transducer devices. Group delay and phase has always been useful in loudspeakers. Why not here. Obviously, the Shure kse1500 isn't affected by these concerns.
That curve is what we perceive as linear unless you're speaking of the Fletcher-Munson amplitude dependant ones, in which case it's volume compensation which is also touchy and worse more often than not. Adding more than that would simply sound unnatural. It's an exception but a Sunfire XTEQ 10 does quite well in the low bass for about $1500 so not that expensive.      One problem I always have with headphones is that they can't mimik frequency/amplitude relationships as...
I think it's more a tonal and EQ thing. My JH13s have more sub bass than I actually want but less midbass emphasis than the sirens to achieve it. It's one of the things I like about them even though it's not perfect. The lack of added warmth in the mids while still having (sub) bass response. The highs aren't as harmonically tectural as the Siren series but the Twag cable cleans them up and gives them some of that. They do have a chameleon quality other than the sub bass...
  [Mod edited] He was stating it as his opinion, only his and not a universal fact. He clearly stated that we should respect each other's opinions to which you decided to trounce all over his. He prefers something else to your beloved. Stop having cows over it or you'll need to buy a ranch.  That said, I also prefer the Shure but will not buy it because I hate the extra box thing. I'm still quite happy with my JH13fp and twag v3 cable combo. I know it may not be an...