Posts by goodvibes

I suspect they pay more for a fast turn around and get fit for acrylic by known entities if not when there. These are tools for their original profit making base. I understand the frustration and disappointment but lets stick to knowns. Unfortunately one of those knowns is that you fell through the cracks. Sorry to hear that.
I think this IEM with cable will be around $600. I'll double check.   So far;   Good: sound, price (relative), build, replaceable cables, Zack   Not so good: They're big. Like the others with this body, having tips that accommodated your ears is important. I'm sure some will find the fit easy enough but personally, I had to find tips the would secure them with a seal when not stationary. The ones pictured and some triples I own both work great. Others like...
      Thought I'd give a heads up on some things I have on hand. I got these from Nocturnal Audio for evaluation a bit back but have been too busy to do much with them. The IEMs appear to be quite a value along with their really well priced cables. The copper cable here is the best pure copper I've heard and only $40 retail. It has the evenness that's expected but not dull, overly warm or creamy. It's got solidity and focus along with the expected texture. On the...
If you were using the olives or triple tips, that's quite possible. Best isolation I ever got was from se530s with olives but my customs aren't that far off. You can wrap some plastic wrap around the stems away from the tip and see if you get more bass or isolation but it's probably fine.
To expand a bit on the link I gave. You'll see them reference the comparisons to 1Khz which can be a bit misleading. The 4p isn't gaining efficiency in the high frequency from impedance matching the higher output impedance amp. The rest of the range is being relatively reduced.   Say that you increase efficiency of the tweeter(s) enough that you need to use a series resistor in front of it. The resistor affects the system as would a higher source impedance while allowing...
It's not a matter of him or 'us' being wrong. It's a matter of interpretation. Power capability will go down as impedance rises but that doesn't relate to linearity changing if a device is designed to be linear with that impedance. If it's not it can be tailored a bit by manipulating things to improve the transfer function. There's generally little need for great efficiency above 4Khz since so little music energy is there so it's very unlikely to cause clipping. That said,...
Impedance wise, TF10 is much worse in the treble and is known to stress DAPs. It also only uses one tweeter. The first curve would not show any deviation of response with a DAP that has a 2 ohm output impedance. The 2nd would show a couple DB reduced output in the treble. Once impedance of the device is 8 or more times the output impedance of a what's driving it, how much it swings means jack. The 1st curve is of a full range driver. Tweeter dedicated drivers will also...
 parenthesis would have been my friend.
You just described one channel and because headphones aren't electronics, the don't need the ground for shield.So, 3-1x2=4
http://www.head-fi.org/t/684396/new-jh-audio-flagship-siren-series-roxanne/6405#post_10735899 I posted to the advantages here.