Posts by goodvibes

I think 24 bit Rockbox would be very well accepted but I suspect it would be a lot of work to have all the options available. It's the well executed options that make Rockbox so popular. Only one I ever used on my Sansa was dither but I'm  
 I think Lurker stated that his only loads via the factory upgrade method. Connect as storage, drag and drop to root directory, then select upgrade from the dx90 inboard menu.
Have you installed the device driver and if so is it the right one? The DX90 being recognized as a drive isn't enough.  Per Trance on pg 1. After you connect DX90 to pc while holding volume up button, if your prompted to find drivers, direct it to the RockUSB folder in the rkbatchtool file, if not prompted for drivers, You need to go into Device Manager on you PC, find the icon labeled with a question mark, open it up, go to Driver tab, hit update driver, direct to the...
I've sent mine away for a bit and will try with files I know well in a few weeks when it returns. I had no problem doing so on my AK120 when I had it so I don't expect to have much trouble here. I could even pic out dithers used tor render a particular HiDef recording. Could be that I use files that I or my associate recorded either live or from other good sources onto a Nagra VI. Any adjustment or resampling is done via Wavelab pro. I think that for simple downsampling,...
It Improves the signal to noise ratio, distortion and should be better in other dynamic aspects as well. Helps with a few things like the v control and low level retrieval. Many still don't know this but as opposed to analog, distortion in digital goes up as signal level goes down. It's often neglected by those that are standard def proponents. The subtleties like ambience decay, inflection and other subtleties have more distortion than the loud portions where in analog,...
While I'm not a Bose fan in general due to my view on the performance of their home audio products and somewhat deceiving marketing, I have always thought their noise cancelling headphones and certain sound reinforcement product good and extremely innovative.
I don't think it's an either or proposition and the bandwidth/current ratio can be controlled. iBasso may have chosen something between the extremes and optimized for this purpose.
While I strongly disagree with the 2nd portion, I agree that dropping the last 8 bits is a simple and benign way of doing this. It's exactly what the Tera does. Last time I tried Rockbox ( liked it in this application) was in a Sansa. Does it play 48K native if the player can clock it or downsample higher than 48k sample rates? Would be a shame to not accommodate a current library though obviously not a problem for those that don't believe in HiDef. I suppose it's easy...
 To me, that's only true when there are limitations elsewhere in the chain but when all is right, IMO, 24 bit is rather easily blind tested and preferred. I think 'proper testing' is the issue here. I'm not debating that usb DACs or most DAPs limit this but rather that format evaluations should only be done with a premium chain. If you can pick 24/96 or better over Redbook 10 times out of 10 on a simple, well chosen under $15k 2 ch setup (where speakers are the least...