Posts by goodvibes

Get rid of the power conditioner and ferrite for now. You can reintroduce them later. If it happened with two tables, other than a defective phono stage, it's RF, grounding or magnetic field interference. 1st thing to try is hooking the table up as the only source and disconnect the dac or any video kit. If still humming, it's not aground loop that is common with cable boxes and the like. Next, pick it up and move it with the volume up just enough to clearly hear the hum....
Less load on the device equals longer battery life. Fewer bits to process and no current draw.
I've had a couple others through and use the AK100 mk2 that I enjoy with that particular FW, no play options or EQ engaged. It also comes with that leather case which holds up a lot better than what came with the 120. Just genuinely like the overall package vs performance of it. Owned a DX90 for a bit and had an X5 for a few days. Had an Alien along with some Hisounds and still have a 3A. Clearly prefer the AK to those last 4 though it doesn't reach in quite as far as the...
I have an ak100 mk2 that I quite like with FW 2.1. It's not quite as resolves asI do understand others those thoughts but I quite like the UI. Fast and gets me where I want to go.
Sounds right to me from memory of a couple short 240 listens. The Paw Gold on hand is still getting better and is becoming more focused and extremely balanced with proper harmonics. This has a relaxed control that's rather impressive. It's not colorful while having correct instrument color and shading.  
I doubt someone has the exact same cable in both 3 and 4 pin 3.5mm arrangements. Closest would be an adapter and then you still don't know what your listening to, adapter or connection. Same if the ends are using different connectors. Point is that it will be difficult to be sure what you're hearing in something this subtle. The idea here is star grounding and it all hopefully becomes a single point somewhere. The crosstalk they're talking about is negligible with a heavy...
 Try 24/44 line out and it probably makes it. 
I tend to prefer 4 wire cables but each is different so I can't disagree with what I haven't heard. That's a lot of wire!
Good luck with the cable thing. Folks tend to like whatever they buy. I went through a lot of them and ended up with a non litz hybrid that's no longer available. Another I liked was a pure silver TWAG V3. I think most pure silver cables will be a bit hot but the TWAG is heavier and fine stranded. Still leaner but not bright with good bass. I didn't care for the 1% gold/silver cables on this phone.
Problem is which card in the 901s? I don't know where the Lotoo Paw Gold's sound quality will ultimately settle in but I already prefer it to the 901s I heard with it's stock balanced card in early Jan. It was a bit middy/forward in presentation out of either output and a couple different phones. Maybe it wasn't a final production unit or another card would sound what I personally consider more balanced so take this with a grain but those were my impressions at the time....