Posts by goodvibes

That's actually not true. BA makers say the specs don't change. That's a very different statement. I'm just against questioning what another actually hears.    If I were a maker of IEMs, I'd avoid the subject at all costs because of the negative feedback by some that insist on setting everyone straight. I wouldn't want 'snake oil' or 'it's to make you keep it until you get used to it or can't return it' type comments associated with my product.
Nope  I had my AK100 mk2 and jh13s because I was travelling light. I certainly wouldn't trade the Lotoo but it's not $600. The AK 100 mk2 (old style) was the opposite side of the character scale. A bit too lively in comparison and didn't reach in quite as far. That said, I still enjoy it's natural color and the way it presents a tune. (FW 2.2)    I think it's a bit early to come to any conclusions about the QP1s other than they'll be VG. They were still rough around the...
Beats me. Been awhile since I've heard one but it was just nice to know they've continued to develop it.
Thanks, He feels the same about the X5 as I do.
Heard the 901s again today and this time it was well balanced. It's lost it's slightly middy quality since CES and was just very good on a short audition.
Heard these today. The basic model seems a real value and the up model a bit more refined and delineated. These were not finished products in few ways and were only at axpona for audition purposes. Character was smooth, warm and controlled. The up model was not 'oh my god' better. More for a critical ear difference. Says more about the basic one that the up model. I don't think they were yet as good as the best over $1k players as they were just a wee bit 'full' sounding (...
So I listened to the Angie again today. Plenty of mid presence. Played with the bass control for less than a minute on a AK240 with a song I know well. I settled with the long groove aiming just below 12 o'clock. If anything, the mids were more forward than back this time but there are still listening variables here. They're good and very close to right. First hours of the Axpona show and they may not yet have had much run time. Kind of sounded that way. Had my JH13fp with...
This is good but I'd caution others to only use this as a guideline. The points and amount of EQ on an in ear should vary a bit by individual, certainly in the 6k to 8k range.  I bet the 2k dip is quite noticeable and the range that gives the recessed sig. The 4 to 5 K less so but opens up noticeably when compensated. I few db here and there is expected in BA iems, maybe all, but here we have a good size dip at an influential frequency and it's 1st harmonic. When I...
My apologies. I thought you've heard the Angie.
John, I'd send those back as well. I bet they could easily be filled without a redo and if the fit nicely probably best way to go. I agree it shouldn't leave like that. I wouldn't worry about the integrity but that's too many flaws for one pair of premier product.