Posts by goodvibes

I was going to save this for my review if favorable but here's a current pic of H20:
I'll try a few but my JH13s have to work. I've got some Ostry's for cheap and cheerful as well a couple others. I'll make sure to try some Grado PS500s with large cups as well.  The sound keeping you there is what I was talking about. Nothing else there to make you stay. 
This is rather telling. It's not just the screen as those tracks are as easy to skip as before. You've listened to more than a few secs of these tracks in the past. It has to be better at playing music to stick with them. The closer you get to the emotional message, the more you understand the art and diverse your taste becomes.  Last night I was listening to Radiohead, Itzhak Perlman, Joan Armatrading, Kurt Elling, Yes, Quartet West, Andreas Vollenweider, Joni etc, etc....
Wrong. It was the inspiration for 24 Aliens! I am 24 times more likely to accept the alien's OS.
Sounds like a great date.
To each his own. Guys that like their Teras have what's right for them and fortunately most got them under $2k. It's just not for me, even though I suspect i'd like it's sonics. I've heard the Altmann home DAC with the recommended battery and even bypassed with a well chosen electrolytic to improve it's attack and thought it was quite good but not top home kit great.   Daps shouldn't be expected to be top home kit great but at $2k plus those expectations will change a...
22 ohm output will do that. Apples and oranges. AK should get called out for the original AK100 but by the same token, it's sound is not representative of anything they've made since. They may not be a great value but everything after the original is in a very different class than a Kogan.   Back to the Alien. I'm actually excited to hear one. I'm like you regarding screens but at $200, I can deal if it's good enough. At over 10 times that, not so much.
You must hate AK then, LOL. Those would be well out of your described wheelhouse. Audio is a funny market. It seems the common denominator is that good things come from those the understand music and it can come from any price point. While many think AK is about marketing and profit, it's clearly more. I still have to respect that they make very musical things and are actually the best made stuff out there. AK100 mk2 is super friendly in size and use with the side V wheel...
I'd run them in for a bit ay a pretty good clip with the ports uncovered to allow the driver more excursion and them see what you think. I bet they have less warmth but go lower now. I really like them but they did have a little extra warmth in the mids. I suspect they are now more even and extended, at least technically.
Get the medium stock tips, also used by ortofon, there's nothing else as good on these IMO. Don't be surprised if the last owner just didn't want to part with them.