or Connect

Posts by goodvibes

Yes they are but other than their main function aren't as good as their dedicated counterparts...just like a swiss army knife. Screen is small for a tablet, sound is generally meh for a DAP, etc. They can measure fine but still wont sound as good as better DAPs. I have an Iphone 6 and have heard the latest Androids before getting it. I don't use it much for music. They're fine if they meet a need but not up to the better dedicated DAPs. 
In a jagerbomb...perhaps.
used not new. I got my ak120 for $600 used, bypassed the resistor, found a FW I like and am happy as a clam.
I think them as good as anything depending on view and it took about a minute to know it but I already have some tweaked Stax I don't use so .... Congrats on having them.    I basically use my jh13FP/twag V3 for phones and that's about it. I keep trying newer things and it's more about flavors after this synergistic combo. The FP thing is real for me and I often prefer single driver things like GR8s etc to multi driver (C)IEMs. Cohesive timing is more important to me...
No offense but why would anyone argue something they haven't experienced?
Of course they sound a bit different though it may not necessarily be the intent. Listrid FW was adapting aspects of AK120 FW and the later ak100 FWs do the same. He stopped because it became redundant and riskier than stock FWs.
Best thing I heard at CES. If headphones were my primary home listening, I'd have them as well.
Don't think it matters much as long as consistent in process. Obviously reviewers try to compensate (what they perceive) a flat sounding earphone to measure flat but there's a lot to consider and insertion depth of IEMs will vary by individual which will affect resonance and reinforcement.   I'm kind of a techie and appreciate all the efforts but there's nothing like a listen.  There's also a lot more to sound than flat response and low distortion, even when adding...
I find that quite acceptable.
Make sure you listen before purchase. 16s have LOTS of bass.