Posts by goodvibes

Same hear(sic) but I do like a hybrid I got and did like the TWAG V3. Regular silver, the Moon, SPCs and 1% gold/silvers didn't do much for me either.
Just because it's not an electrical improvement, doesn't mean it isn't a sonic one. Voicing matters. That said, most cables(some costly) I tried on the jh13 weren't preferred to stock but a few were.
It's all speculation as I haven't heard anyone complain of blips either. The buffer does need to store twice as much capacity to time buffer 192 as well as 96. We don't know how the player handles buffer under-runs (obviously gracefully if it has any) and perhaps he just prefers the sound with a larger buffer. Shouldn't make a sonic lick of difference but if you've ever played with buffer size in informative setups, you'll notice some minor change.
Would be my guess as well but remember it's all downsampled to 16/xx(x) in the Tera. Could be that 192 becoming more common spurred on the change.
Even if considered 2 conductors, there will be 0 resistance between them so I guess it can't even be considered 2 conductors. I've heard things like there could be a diode type of effect at very high frequencies but it's way beyond what could theoretically affect audio. For me, plating does change the sound but there is no way I could ever prove it in measurements. 
It's likely either a repaired player or your repaired player.
The new Cambridge stream magic v2 is vg. $1k
So the fp version.
Remove any cards. Press the ^ button on the side, and the power button on top for 7 seconds to reset.
Unless web store based, good manufacturers will always sell at retail so to not undermine their outlets. A brick and mortar shop that actually sells and services local customers is worth paying a bit more for and manufacturers don't want to discourage good outlets.