Posts by Trae

No way whatsoever. If you look at my avatar pic, my headphone cups don't swivel at all, and the clamping force bent the paper so that the other end was poking a couple inches up. It was impossible for me to position it right, so I had to use my fingers instead. I had my headphones like this when I was testing:   [[SPOILER]]  That's an older picture, and I've done slightly more modifications to them since then. That's their default position too.   Oh, and I don't use songs...
Here ya go. Stole one of my friend's phones     Cut in half sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with two fingers holding/sealing Test Conditions Source:Foobar2K with about 12dB boost on equalizer   12dB lowpass filter (to attenuate high frequencies to hear the bass and paper better - they were too loud)   Test track: Booma & Cannibal - "Shot Caller" Amp: Onkyo Reciever using L/R speaker channel...
Well, I don't have any video recording equipment (I refuse to use a smartphone for personal reasons, and I'm not spending money on a camcorder and whatnot. These are also completely custom headphones (look at my avatar pic) and a one of a kind, so it wouldn't matter if I did a video of it or not.   I'm not trying to lie about my headphones' bass performance because I've already given you guys some dB results on how they perform, but I can't upload a video, nor do I want...
 Well, sound meters aren't that expensive, and I don't think $20-40 (well more if you want one that does a lot) is going to dent anyone's wallets (especially if you can afford some expensive headphones), especially when said equipment has much more utility than just measuring a headphone's output loudness.Yeah, I just read those posts, but I did not misunderstand this thread in the slightest. I was simply proposing that instead of doing the paper test, or as an alternate...
Just thought I'd let you guys know of way of more objectively measuring how loud the bass is on these headphones= use a sound level meter. The problem with the paper test is if the paper isn't in the right position, it doesn't truly reflect how much bass the drivers make, so having a device that actually measures that will fix that problem, and have a more up front way of presenting it since you won't need a youtube vid for each headphone (also a plus for people with slow...
Nah, I'm not [too] obsessed, I just care about my headphones too much, and if I can fix something that's wrong with them I try my best to do so. They really are the best headphones I've ever heard. I MUCH prefer them to a pair of LCD-2s I heard a while ago. Then again, I didn't have a chance to fool around with them. Maybe one day I'll have an LCD-X to fool around with.   I have 6 (well, 7 if you count the bass boost) equalizers dedicated to trying to fix the AD2000's...
 Haha, that's pretty cool. My AD2K MKIV also has channel imbalance, but I fixed it with a sound level meter and a parametric eq:  Well, it isn't completely fixed, due to the inherent differences between the drivers (right driver is better- louder, more bass, and handles power better), but it's much better than it was before.
Yup, those are Pro700MKII drivers. Didn't see that the felt material was white.   I had the AKG K712...for one day before I returned them. I hate those headphones with a passion. My headphones just sound too good. The K712s have no balls. They sound weak, absolutely no bass whatsoever, everything is in your head, the drivers can't produce any SPL, they can't go loud since the membrane material is extremely thin and is susceptible to cone breakup due to no reinforcement...
Lol, I forgot about that mod you're doing Folex. Good to see some progress on it. Oh, and those drivers on the last page look like my Pro700MKII drivers, but with black felt material (the pros have more restrictive white felt material). Perhaps they tuned it for one of their AD series headphones, not sure which one though (not AD900 since the opening in the center of the magnet is too small).   Anyways, I found out something very cool just recently. I have a VST plugin...
The soundstage on the K712 is more focused in your head with a depth that sounds like it's coming from above you while the AD2000 is noticeably wider with a depth that spreads in front of you. The AD2000 sounds more forward and it can be harder to distinguish the sounds than on the K712, with its more light and dry sound. You'll still hear the same thing, but the AD2000 (and basically the whole AD series since they all do soundstaging basically the same) will seem to...