or Connect

Posts by Trae

Very similar sounding. [AD2000X] A bit tamer mids and slightly better bass performance. You can basically use an equalizer to make one sound like the other, though the earpads do make a difference.   Also, I found that if you lower 3.8kHz by around 7dB, it really improves the imaging and soundstage. That peak there really messes up the imaging. This was the EQ I used for the AD2000x when I had it, and it also worked for the 2000. It does wonders to the sound, and I...
As you can see, they are different drivers, and they all sound different. The HP200 uses a unique driver housing, a different voice coil and diaphragm membrane with ample dampening. The black felt material (dampening) is less restrictive than the white felt material on the HP200, so sense of space is smaller on the HP200 driver because of that.    Basically, AD1000 and up will look like the driver on the left. It uses a metal housing with a different, thinner diaphragm...
Soundstage is larger than HP200 in all directions. Bass quantity and quality is leagues better when you have a good seal. Imaging is about the same as HP200. HP200s are noticeably more forward due to how the driver is dampened (they could throw the same driver in a closed headphone, and it would sound 95% the same - they really dampened the driver well, almost too well for an open headphone). I don't compare sound signatures since I equalize all of my headphones. I can't...
AD2000 Left, AD900 Middle, HP200 Right   Pair of wires to each terminal   Use an X-Acto knife when cutting the glue out.         Although the drivers fit pretty snugly without the solder wrapped around, this makes it pretty tight. I'm able to poke it out with my finger if I push hard enough, but it's enough to secure it in there, and I refuse to glue these drivers in there. Anyone attempting to do this, make sure that the solder does not touch the...
Well, got the HP200s in. I'm pretty impressed on how they sound with my beyer gel pads in. They compete with AKG's K7XX lineup, and I think I prefer them to the K7XXs I have. The bass is a bit slow, but I'll fix that . The stock pads are mashed up looking like the foam isn't expanding. Good thing I couldn't care less about them. Driver-wise, they look really similar to my AD900 drivers (same magnet), but it has more restrictive white felt material on the backside. The...
 Well, the HP200's drivers have a 20 ohm impedance, while A-T's AD lineup hover around 38-48 ohms, so this is probably their personally tuned 53mm driver. I'm getting them later on today, so I'll be able to compare them to the A-T drivers I have laying around.
Will do! I just hope that the drivers aren't glued to the baffles because if they are, it's going to take more time rigging the ad2000 drivers on there. Well, first I contacted them to see if they actually had the parts needed to repair them, and they told me that they did. So, I shipped them out for service. When they were delivered to them, they reminded me that they don't work on modified headphones. I sent the same 'phones to them a couple years ago for a driver...
Well guys, I bought the HP200 to throw my AD2000 drivers in. I broke my headphones (I dropped them, and the right channel headband wing area snapped clean off), and after going back and forth with Audio-Technica Service/Repair, they're not willing to mail me the parts to fix them. So, I'm basically forced to reincarnate them I was thinking about getting a cheap pair of AD500Xs and swapping everything around, but it's time for a change of pace, and the HP200s look to be...
Oh, that's what you guys meant. I feel stupid, haha. I was thinking that you all were physically tucking your ears underneath the earpad...or is that what's actually happening? My ears are too big to do that, so it seems kinda odd (and uncomfortable) from my perspective.
I'm pretty sure that your ears don't go under the pads. That pretty much defeats the purpose of what the pads were made for. My comfort problem with the AD2000X was my antihelix (part of the ear that pokes out) touched the grill, and after a while it'd start to ache. If I repositioned the headphones so that I had a more distributed load on my ears, it would mess with the sound (made it darker).   Going from memory from the AD2000X and AD900X I had, the 900s were...