Posts by Trae

Nah, I'm not [too] obsessed, I just care about my headphones too much, and if I can fix something that's wrong with them I try my best to do so. They really are the best headphones I've ever heard. I MUCH prefer them to a pair of LCD-2s I heard a while ago. Then again, I didn't have a chance to fool around with them. Maybe one day I'll have an LCD-X to fool around with.   I have 6 (well, 7 if you count the bass boost) equalizers dedicated to trying to fix the AD2000's...
 Haha, that's pretty cool. My AD2K MKIV also has channel imbalance, but I fixed it with a sound level meter and a parametric eq:  Well, it isn't completely fixed, due to the inherent differences between the drivers (right driver is better- louder, more bass, and handles power better), but it's much better than it was before.
Yup, those are Pro700MKII drivers. Didn't see that the felt material was white.   I had the AKG K712...for one day before I returned them. I hate those headphones with a passion. My headphones just sound too good. The K712s have no balls. They sound weak, absolutely no bass whatsoever, everything is in your head, the drivers can't produce any SPL, they can't go loud since the membrane material is extremely thin and is susceptible to cone breakup due to no reinforcement...
Lol, I forgot about that mod you're doing Folex. Good to see some progress on it. Oh, and those drivers on the last page look like my Pro700MKII drivers, but with black felt material (the pros have more restrictive white felt material). Perhaps they tuned it for one of their AD series headphones, not sure which one though (not AD900 since the opening in the center of the magnet is too small).   Anyways, I found out something very cool just recently. I have a VST plugin...
The soundstage on the K712 is more focused in your head with a depth that sounds like it's coming from above you while the AD2000 is noticeably wider with a depth that spreads in front of you. The AD2000 sounds more forward and it can be harder to distinguish the sounds than on the K712, with its more light and dry sound. You'll still hear the same thing, but the AD2000 (and basically the whole AD series since they all do soundstaging basically the same) will seem to...
Well, after listening to these heapdhones, I like them, and I don't.   I like them for the imaging, but they sound weak and there is no bass.   They sound basically like the MA900s with a better midrange and more, deeper bass (going off of memory). I tried to mod them for more bass (removing the felt behind the driver, putting tape over the white felt around the driver, equalizing, and trying beyerdynamic gel earpads which are known for increasing bass), but the...
Just bought a K712 Pro from Amazon this morning. We'll see if they're keepers come Friday. It'll take a lot to tear me away from my beloved ad2k mkIVs.
Can't come. I work Saturday. Oh well. Then again, I probably couldn't come anyway since I'm in the process of modifying my headphones again (trying to put in AD2000x drivers I got), and I don't have the parts for it yet. I was also going to bring some custom made headphones that used bose cube speakers, but that project didn't turn out very well. Way too loud, the frequency response was jacked up, and the enclosure I put them in made everything sound like it was in a...
Well, you can count me in. AD2000MKIV (AD900 chassis, AD2000 Driver, Beyerdynamic gel earpads, custom driver modification for higher membrane excursion, bent headband, and some other things), Onkyo Reciever with the speaker amp section powering the headphones, and a laptop with some music. I'll bring my E17 too.
Comparisons:I’ll update this post whenever I get other headphones to listen to.  [[SPOILER]]