Posts by Trae

Can't come. I work Saturday. Oh well. Then again, I probably couldn't come anyway since I'm in the process of modifying my headphones again (trying to put in AD2000x drivers I got), and I don't have the parts for it yet. I was also going to bring some custom made headphones that used bose cube speakers, but that project didn't turn out very well. Way too loud, the frequency response was jacked up, and the enclosure I put them in made everything sound like it was in a...
Well, you can count me in. AD2000MKIV (AD900 chassis, AD2000 Driver, Beyerdynamic gel earpads, custom driver modification for higher membrane excursion, bent headband, and some other things), Onkyo Reciever with the speaker amp section powering the headphones, and a laptop with some music. I'll bring my E17 too.
Comparisons:I’ll update this post whenever I get other headphones to listen to.  [[SPOILER]]
I guess I'm in. I'll be bringing my ATH-AD2000MKIV, FiiO E17, laptop with some music, and my receiver (speaker l/r outputs power the headphones). 
You may have a piece of hair or something touching the driver. I know with my headphones, if something like that touches the membrane, it makes the bass sound distorted. So, take them apart and see if you find anything. 
You can pick up a pair of Denon D600s for around $225 used off of Amazon. That will be your best bet, imo. 
I almost like it. The only thing that this would be good at, in my opinion, would be gaming. It's basically like the buttkicker, but on your body. For music listening, I don't think I'd like the experience.    Let's see if you guys can figure out another "use" for it 
  AD900 enclosure, Pro700MKII driver holder ring, AD2000 drivers, Beyerdynamic Gel Earpads, and enough bass to hurt your ears    The pads are starting too look kinda green from my grease, though. Good thing I have a spare pair of black gels 
Well, I just had another dream about Audeze headphones...The first time, I was listening to the LCD-2, and this time it was the LCD-X. I really want the LCD-X. Someday, Audeze. Someday.
The astro mixamp has a dolby headphone dsp in it which emulates a 5.1 surround setup. It also has a built-in amp (I don't know if it's enough to power the ma900), and it can hook up to all of the consoles out there (except nintendo's stuff).