Posts by bfwiat

Hi,   if you are in AUSTRALIA and pre-order a SOny NWZZX1 (at $699 aus) you get a free set of SOny MDR10RC headphones apparently. Can be done at local Sony Centre or online.      oh, and in reference to some discussion earlier in the thread: CLEARAUDIO+ setting is an adaptive eq (it guesses an eq to apply to each track based on analysis of the track), consequently it can be hit and miss....it is also why it turns off the manual control of the eq section and some...
Hi there, A few suggestions onsound settings throughout this thread need some clarification. I most definitely would NOT put on dynamic normaliser as it is a digital compressor/limiter to try and keep the volume levels matched between different tracks/albums (ie it is restricting the dynamic range of your music).DSEE is designed to correct phase and high frequency loss from mp3 encoded music - again, not necessary for wav or hi-res. The only way to hear the original...
Hi, I have the Parasound Z dac on a nice almost two month loan at the moment, and am really, really enjoying it.... let me explain why. (I do not use the in-built headphone amp, so all my comments refer to the unit purely as a DAC).   I have already a Burson HA160D, a Cambridge Audio Dac Magic and a Sony CDPX7ESd CD player, so my comments are relative to my experience with these items.   The Parasound absolutely has a big, detailed, warm bottom end bass that...
Thankyou for a clear and concise review which gets a sense of what the actual sound of these is.  It sounds like a great detailed in-ear and it's good to see Sony finally get this product out to market.   A quick question, bass quality and quantity compared to Shure SE535? I own the Sennheiser ie8, they have a great soundstage - compared to these Sony XB4? (I do find the ie8 a bit too muddled in the lower mids and a bit too powerful in the bass in general on...
"Do you need a DAC? The nuforce has a pretty decent one built in while the burson does not."   I have the Burson HA160D with inbuilt DAC.
Both are great Amps, but kinda different.   The NuForce has an extremely wide out of the head soundstage, good bass and mids . . but can sound a little thin. The Burson has a soundstage that is more pin point (instruments occupy a distinct space, not necessarily a huge space)and 3D (front, back, left, right, up, down - not just left and right), but never quite as wide and outside the head as the Nuforce.   The Burson has a lot more meaty sound, more flesh on...
"Klaatu barada nikto" (sign off of Warrior Ant) . . .         :)   "I've said the magic words . . .  ." "Shop smart, shop S Mart"   ....great movie !   :)
I agree with the conflict of interest . . .however, welcome to 2011 . . .   APPLE gives away hundreds, if not thousands of free iPads to newspaper and magazine journalists to then review and keep . . .it's called marketing (and I hate it).   So 6Moons definitely has a vested interest in deriving money from sponsors . ..  . .. . so do most on-line sites, as do a lot (if not nearly all of the HiFi magazines) . . .can anyone say  What HiFi ?     However, I...
I contacted Burson 2 days ago asking what their USB implementation was, and received this response :     "Our USB input is control via Tenor TE7022L chip set. It works in adaptive mode with its own low jitter clock. It will detect and correct any jitter error sent along via the main USB bus. This process will ensure better signal integrity compare to the traditional Synchronous USB mode."     So I do not feel that Burson is misleading customers, in fact that...
hmmm . . .. I did not realise that this was not the case (re:USB input) . . . I have emailed Burson and hopefully will get a response back to clarify this . . . ..  I do know that the HA160D on USB sounds a whole heap better than the Cambridge Audio DAC Magic, or the Musical Fidelity V-Dac . . .  . . . on Coax, whilst they all sounded different, the difference was not as great on USB.   Secondly . . what do you mean the Sonar XT as a transport ? . . .surely...