Posts by alanbeeb

When I asked the question I was thinking more along the lines of both superb build and desirability, without superflous over-design.... so I guess the question is "What is the Swiss watch of audiophile headphones?"
Which currently available Cans have the best build quality? I.E. which are the least flimsy, most solidly constructed, most feel like if you dropped them they wouldn't break, do not creak or rattle in any way when in use? And feel like quality pieces of kit i.e. solid, nice materials? I find Stax headsets very rattly and creak a lot when one moves, Audio technica also feel a bit flimsy to me. My own nomination would be for Senn HD600 or 650 but what do I know? ...
Regarding the D5000 vs W5000 question.... which, if either, of those will sound good with a Lehmann Black Cube Linear? Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by music_man i just saw goldmund has a reference eidos blu ray player! hold your horses i might be toping this list! just give me a chance to get it. i am afraid to mention the price actually. music_man Before you hand over your money.... check it isn't the same player as a $500 Panasonic or Oppo in a very nice looking case. Seriously - that seems to be what the supposed hi-end companies are doing now to produce blu...
Sony SCD-1 $5000 in its day I think (was £3500 in UK) Vacuum State VSE level 6+ modification - no idea how much they cost as the previous owner paid for them and he sure didn't get any return on the investment But its a huge improvement from the stock player (which I used to own) on both CD and SACD.
Sorry double post, browser problems.
For a few years I had Sennheiser HD650s powered by an Earmax - nice, then changed the Earmax to a Lehman BC Linear, even nicer IMO. But I always had a nagging feeling the Sennheisers were a bit distant sounding and losing detail, so I also tried AKG 701s..... more detail but ultimately for reasons I can't really explain I found them less musically involving than the HD 650. I'd also briefly had a pair of Grado RS-1, but detested them for lack of comfort, and...
I sold a Lehmann Black Cube Linear to Niranhopper... no probs at all, very smooth transaction. thanks.
Now sold, thanks for all the interest.
PMs replied to.