Posts by alanbeeb

bump - make me an offer!
bump!
Quote: Originally Posted by wavoman ... Senn HD600 for the large scale classical -- you should try those next. Been there, done it, got the T-shirt..... want to try different things! I have owned HD600 & 650 in the past. Jolly nice too, but am now getting great joy from Beyerdynamic DT880 which arrived last weekend, and I think possibly preferable to the HD600 for me. Anyway - some messages received about the AD2000.... all replied to! come on...
So how did you get on with it then? Quote: Originally Posted by jro7563 Just tracked my MkIV at Heathrow airport now, will Gordon Brown want to charge me an arm and a leg in duty
bump.... will listen to offers!
SOLD Hello, I bought these only a few days ago from another headfier, but its become apparent pretty quickly they are not to my taste. Soundstage is phenomenal, and bass is tight and fast and quite visceral, but I am finding the treble balance too much for my taste. While they are fantastic with pop/rock and fast music, they don't in my opinion suit large scale classical which is my mainstay. So back on sale they go.... I'm looking for UKP £300 (£10 discount...
I had a 2nd hand 4040 set for a few weeks - was totally underwhelmed by lack of substance to the music, and by the overwhelming greyness of the tonality. Hated them.... but was able to sell on without a loss. However I have also owned Sennheiser HE-60/70 combo in the past and it was a dream. I've kicked myself everyday since I sold it.
I've tried to trawl through this thread.... but can anyone describe how the D5000 & D2000 sound in the treble? Is it fierce or bright, or natural and relaxed? Most importantly can they do orchestral violins convincingly? Big classical is my main thing. Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by David.M Beyerdynamic DT880/600 most definitely. Where does one get DT880 600Ohm? can't find them for sale or even mentioned in UK, only the 250 Ohm version. Nothwitstanding that.... I took a look of faith and bought a 2nd hand pair of Audio Technica AD2000. Oops, may have been a mistake. Soundstage is amazing, but something very very not right in the treble department - orchestral violins have no texture, just a...
When I asked the question I was thinking more along the lines of both superb build and desirability, without superflous over-design.... so I guess the question is "What is the Swiss watch of audiophile headphones?"