Posts by alanbeeb

SOLD
I know its an odd thing to talk about on a headphones forum but thought I'd try....   I am mainly a speaker listener. Although I love headphones I generally only use them when music will disturb other people late at night.  SO most of my listening is done on speakers.  Until a couple of weeks ago when I scored the greatest own goal in the entire history of hifi box-swapping by deciding that my beloved big Tannoy D700s could be replaced by a pair of refurbished Quad...
Malte bought the little dot IV se, made up his mind quickly and paid just as fast.  Really nice chap and a pleasure doing business. Thanks.
MintMouse bought a pair of Beyerdynamic DT880s from me.  Fast payment and easy transaction, excellent.
Same thing on iPhone - using the debug console I get:   JavaScript Error on Line 77 http://www.head-fi.org/mini/1273426348/userjs.js TypeError:Result of expression 'CKEDITOR.instances['editor-textarea']' [undefined] is not an object   Its a bit of a pain if you are out & about and want to reply to a PM!
Provisionally sold.... Just can't send a reply to the prospective purchaser as my iPhone cannot handle the new forum software properly! Will get to a proper PC soon.
SOLD.
SOLD
Its been a bit of a headphone war here....  These were my favourite headphone that emerged from the battle then suddenly I got re-aquainted with the Sennheiser HD600 and realised what I'd missed since I sold my last pair of them about  5 years ago. Just for the record.... I rate the Beyerdynamic above the AKG 701, Senn HD650, and far far above any execrable Grados or Audio Technicas. But the HD600 just pips it.  (Yes - IMO the HD600 is a better 'phone than the...
I suspect an IT problem led to the apparent randomness of orders being fulfilled. The stuff Play are telling about authorisation and verification is just made up because they just don't really know themselves The IT systems will no doubt be hosted by someone else and not really in Play's control -but its still their responsibility. The application servers that do the processing are probably in some kind of cluster which is load balanced.... so each server in the...