Posts by Poimandres

Any word on when they will release the volume fix?
Silverears we are the minority here, I too prefer the 5 to the 90. Not too many people do.
I only use flac 16/44 and have never experienced that problem with f/w 2.0. All 700gb of my flacs were ripped from my personal collection and were not downloaded, they all have imbedded album art as well as a folder.jpg. Device issues for me are non existent on the 5, and although I have never experienced the multitude of issues on the DX90 there are certainly a lot more known issues with it than the 5.
I doubt there is any audible difference. Expectation bias perhaps? Not to mention that the Burr Brown 1792 is arguably one of the best DACS when implemented properly.
I have seen quite a few good ideas here. I am certain that the X7 will be a phenomenal device. Does anyone know when this may come to fruition?
Indeed and the great thing about this hobby is that we all hear things differently and should ultimately choose based on our preferences and experiences. For me that is currently the X5, however with the increasing rate of quality daps being released I am certain that there will never be an end game.
As I do not have the 90, the R10 or the O2/ODac any longer my preference is quite obvious. SQ wise again from memory as I do not have any except for the X5 currently, I would say that the X5 does not have the soundstage width of the 90 however it is really close, the instrument separation I would say goes to the X5 however again it is too close to call and will come down to your own preference. It also cannot compete with the power of the R10's amp, however you will...
EAC is alright however my preference is dbpoweramp. I don't mind throwing the developer a few bones every couple of years or so. Ogg has lossless now?
256gb x2? Or 256gb total? I can appreciate wanting all of your music I have almost 2TB of flacs that I ripped from my collection but do you really need to bring all of those with you? I only have 1 64gb and it certainly holds enough of my favorite albums. I guess what I am getting at is most people are likely content with either 2 64gb cards or 2 128 gb cards and don't really need to try otg USB hdd's. The X5 also scans a 64gb card chalk full of flacs in less than a...
Mike, How do you feel the DAC compares to the dacport? Choonyfish, I am not disappointed at all with the DAC in the X5 it and Fiio have exceeded my expectations and have converted an iBasso fan.