Posts by Takahashi

Sorry for the long delay on everything guys! It all happened at the conclusion of a holiday and the beginning of a crazy new school year teaching at a new school.   The K1000s sound great! Specifically out of some of the old vintage amps like the Tandberg TR-1055, known for its warm sound signature as if it was a tube amp. I also paired it up with my NAD 7220, but it did not really sing like it does with the Tandberg. Never before have I heard such soundstage and clarity...
Update: I picked up the K1000's!
Don't fret, they have my name on them with an exclusive hold. Waiting until I can tune in with my own source and amp to really decide on them. I can nab pictures tomorrow, and I am most likely going to pick them up tomorrow. Then it's just a decision to keep them.I will say, between the flagship Sennheisers, Stax, &c, these guys really made my eyes open wide. Not the best reference, but good fun. Makes me wonder what the bass heavy early serials sound like...
That's if I don't grab them for myself. I'll let you know if I decide against it! Haha
I'm going to bring my source (a Beogram RX2) and my Tandberg amp to test them again with a range of jazz, blues, pop, and more. I did find them a little lacking in bass for pop such as the Beatles when I tested them on an old sold state McIntosh setup, but my heart melted when I queued up some vocal heavy jazz.
That's what my initial thoughts where, what an opportunity. The cable can simply be sealed off with some shrink tape in the meantime, the actual wire isn't exposed or damaged, it's still entirely wrapped in the green insulation sleeve! As for the pads, I've been searching but will probably make my own (I'm no stranger to this kind of handiwork).If I don't end up getting them myself I might just grab them to sell for the same price to pay it forward.
Recently I have been (blessed?) with the opportunity to buy the beloved AKG K1000 for $600. The cans are used, with the drivers being in great shape. However, the cable housing on the left phone is cracked open exposing the insolation of the wire (the cable is uncut and perfectly fine, it's just the rubber housing). More so, the temple pads are missing altogether. It does still come with the speaker cable, case, and even the original manual. I have been in the market for a...
Hello fellow head-fi member, I'm interested in buying a pair of old HD414 headphones, old models desired, but if you have the anniversary editions feel free to contact me with your offer. I'm not sure about the current value of these right now, so submit your offers and we can go from there.    Thanks for looking, -Takahashi
Hey there all, here's what I'm looking for:   While visiting Europe, I had the pleasure of seeing the beautiful white and red editions of the Koss PortaPro. I'd love to own another pair, and the braided cord featured on the 50th, white, red an black editions. Unfortunately, for my earholes, I shipped off my black portapros to a friend as a token of gratitude.    I will also take offers for normal portapros if the price is right, as well as the microphone headset...
Here we have a mint condition (like new) pair of the cult AIAIAI TMA-1 headphones, possibly one of the strangest but interesting cans I've had the pleasure of owning to date. Everything is included, foam pad, pleather pads, cable, screw on pin to tele adapter, micofiber case, box and of course the phones themselves. All are in fantastic condition, with little more then about 5 hours on them (if that). Since their introduction last year they have grown a cult following...