Posts by nickosiris

Correct on all counts. You just wait til your Milo is burned in though...
"a foreboding homemade electro-acoustic, new age, synth-driven, proto-techno, imaginary world music created on a Portastudio soundtrack for a Polish-made animated fantasy based on a Finnish modern folk tale and created for German and Austrian TV, composed in 1982 by two politically-driven post-punk theatre performers from a shared house in Leeds... One of the trippiest bouts of nostalgia you’ll ever receive..."   Lady and gentlemen I present your new favourite record,...
AK380 mostly.
Windhand - Windhand Fischer/Persson/BFO - Mahler 4 Sunn 0))) and Scott Walker - Soused Graves at Sea - The Curse That Is Pentangle - The Pentangle  
Oh your wallet's going to hate you, trust me.   And certainly audition. The things that make the LCD-4 perfect for me might be the very things that you like the least in a headphone.
I had to laugh and nod seeing the last few comments. I've just got through some lengthy burning-in sessions so 'the kitchen system' is now operating at around optimum performance levels - which makes stopping listening for the day quite difficult.   In nearly 40 years of chasing elusive hi-fi perfection I'm struggling to recall discovering a better marriage of components than this pairing (Milo and LCD-4). Just amazing. Sometimes I EVEN FIND MYSELF ACTUALLY ENJOYING THE...
?  My AK120 and its SD card show up in Finder as separate drives. True on later AK devices you are forced to use Android File Transfer which ... has a bit of a personality, but even then I manage fine.
YOB - Clearing The Path To Ascend   Low - Ones and Sixes   Windhand - Grief's Infernal Flower   Red House Painters - Old Ramon
 Well as I've written elsewhere I much prefer my Toxic Cables Silver Poison to the supplied cable, and it costs less than a third of $699. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the stock cable, but imho the Silver Poison wipes the floor with it in all departments.
Having loved my first few weeks with the LCD-4 I'd just like to reiterate two points that many have made:   1)  It really does change character with a fancy cable. If you've only ever heard a pair with the stock cable then you haven't got near the limits of what's possible. My Silver Poison suits me down to the ground but it's worth trying a few to find your own sweet spot.   2)  Power. Give it as much as you dare. I thought it sounded pretty good with the already...