Posts by daouda

Just like you I like my mids unrecessed or even slightly forward as well, I also dont care for overemphasised treble, so im crossing my fingers that a foam-modded HJE900 wont disppoint me too much. Since it really seems we have similar tastes in sound sig (im also more a of basshead than not, even though i hate cheap subwoofer type of bass), you might be interested by my thoughts of the HJE900 before you pull the trigger on it.... Also, if you're like me, you might want to...
ericp10, if you get the HJE900 i would be interested by our opinion because i've been stalking you a little already and have been suspecting that we might share similar tastes in sound signature (appreciate warmth, cant accept lack of audible-feelable bass) and music (seen you mention isaac hayes, miles & coltrane...). Ive almost got the rain because of you (E-Q7 out of my reach)... Ill have the HJE900 soon and if we share the same impressions of it i'll know i'll be able...
@Mark : Im worring because I also seem to be overly sensitive to treble harshness and sibilance.. Actually i've been planning on doing the foam mod on the HJE900 long before i had even purchased them, crossing my fingers that it'll be enough... Since the beginning MTP Gold looks much more like they have the perfect balance for my tastes and this review confirms it , but they are still too expensive (for me at least) so i decided to bet that the foam-modded HJE900 will...
Quote: Originally Posted by james444 LOL... Do i sense some Austrian pride?
Dont mean to highjack the thread, but are they any good value active speakers just a tad bigger than AV40 that wouldnt ever need a subwoofer for most music genres?
Had to come from Japan... Haaa japanese people and their crazy hitech gadgets
Although if the replacement panasonic cables are of the same short length as the stock ones, it might be better to get the sleek audio ones which are reported to be a bit longer EDIT @Mark : i think that the pair of HJE900 joker got from Orange1 have had a lot more burn-in time than the one you got from yipcanjo, this might be the reason yours could sound harsher in the treble (i hope so) @Joker : Fantastic review... You know you need to get yourself some E-Q7 soon...
jleewach, did you just post "interesting" in 9 different threads?? LOL you must really be impatient to get to 500 posts EDIT Haha, 12 times now, and there you are... Makes you wonder how relevent those headfi "ranks" are relatively to experience
C-jays.... They should have Pamela Anderson in a red swimming suit model for these (havent read the thread but i cant be the first one to do that corny joke)
Quote: Originally Posted by kojebee The treble without burn in can sound a bit edgy, harsh if you like. It's probably to do with poorly recorded music in part, but also, now I have 900+ hours on thses, burn-in helps. I feel pretty certain of that. I have 'sensitive to high pitched sounds', or too much treble, but the Panas haven't bothered me for quite a while in that respect. They definitely settle down eventually. Same thing for me (and others)...