Posts by daouda

Near Montpellier, seriously?? Didnt have a clue. I might try to sneak into their locals and steal a handful of these...
There are several similar threads in the computer audio forum (which is definitely the more appropriate one), but i think there is a misunderstanding from either me (im a noob) or you... Quote: I’m using the DacMagic but not even a miracle Dac is gonna turn the sound from this soundcard into something listenable. I thought that using a DAC completely bypassed the internal soundcard (which is basically a DAC+ADC), so your soundcard shouldnt matter at...
Hmm, that's interesting, let me remind you that i havent listened to a lot of IEMs and the only "harsh" ones i've heard so far are the hippo VB, so i already suspected i was asking something that might not make sense. Actually "fatiguing" would seem to be quite a subjective attribute and varying too much among individuals, "absolute treble quantity/energy" probably wouldnt not mean much independently of "harshness/smoothness" and the rest of the sonic range presentation,...
OK i think you guys (and average_joe) convinced me to give one more chance to these. I briefly listened to them out of the box, and had similar impressions than the OP, then straifght to the drawer. Gonna burn them in and try them with those lelong biflanges i have been advised to use with them (by average joe and someone else, they are similar to the pr1pro biflanges)
^^If you're talking about the foam cushions that cover the earbuds, then its exactly what i use for foam mods with satisfying results (although not on HJE900 yet), and i beleive james advice the same thing as well (he mentionned white ibuds foams gave him the best results with the panasonics) Even though its good news for me since im planning to take them off anyway, i have to agree that it is disappointing to see poorly secured filters on a top of the line product like...
Quote: @daouda, are you still anxious about the HJE900's treble? Remember what you promised only yesterday? Come on James, what a cheap shot! Im interested about this treble smoothness ranking because I am also interested in E-Q7, CK10 and IE8 (and have been by FX500 in the past), and VBs and HJE900 would provide useful points of reference for me (and also others that own VB but have been disappointed by their harshness). I think this should be...
Hmm, how would be the ranking in terms of treble smoothness, not quality, from most treble energy/most fatiguing, to most laid-back treble/least fatiguing ? Could i dare to ask you to include the relatively lowly hippo VBs in this prestigious (barring pr2) ranking ? Although, im assuming that treble smoothness correlates to treble energy quantity, where i might be wrong. Please consider smoothness/fatigue-inducing property in that ranking above absolute treble...
@Napilopez : my way of doing the foam mod : i rather cut a rectangular shape off a very thin foam and then roll it into a cylinder that i stuff into the nozzle, it then expands and fits in uniformly and perfectly. With a square shape you cant have it fit into the nozzle the exact same way in both earpieces (it will fold in some random way differently each time you stuff it). Oh, and i put the foam pieces one above the other before cutting both at the same time with a...
Subscribing to this thread, athough i have pretty much already settled my mind on the a5 since swans seem to be unavailable in europe EDIT Nobody's posting yet but if that can be of any help i have already researched extensively on that matter and pretty much everybody agrees that if you can afford the a5 it spanks the AV40 on EVERY level (and A5 doesnt really need a sbuwoofer as opposed to AV40 that would benefit from one) , only reason you should get the latter would be...
Quote: She'll be back....they always come back. (Cue sinister laugh) True, Im actually thinking about starting a Head-Fi detox-rehab program and make big $$$