Posts by daouda

Looks like you wanted to start a new thread... You gave me false hope!
Never heard any Grado but if they are supposed to have very forward mids, you should know that hippo VBs mids are far from being forward (could more easily be qualified as a little recessed)
I dont have any of those yet so take my advice with a grain of salt : im in pretty much the same situation as you with about the same needs and after much research ive settled on the uDAC (to improve crappy laptop headphone-out sound) + audioengine 5 (havent bought them yet though). From what i've read the BX5a are more like studio monitors and cant sound a little bright and a tad harsh after a while, which should be fatiguing, A5 were made for enjoying music (while still...
Bump... There has to be at least one seller shipping these worldwide (or at least France) !
Hey that's nice, many thanks, you got PM! Now im still interested to know about an online place that would ship worldwide, in case i'll like them so much i would want a pair for each of my IEMs... Thanks again
I personally get the best sound with the M9 biflange when inserting them quite deeply, until its actually a little uncomfortable , pushing them with the tips pointing downwards & backwards inside my ears... The problem is, M9 biflanges have a slightly bigger stem opening than stock ones, so they dont grip as firmly on the nozzle and sometimes stay stuck inside my ears when taking the earpieces out! I then have to take the tips out of my ears with my fingers or twizzers!...
So i've been looking for a place online to order phonak audéo silicone ear guides, and couldnt find any that would ship to FRANCE! The official Phonak (Switzerland-based company) website will only ship to Switzerland, Germany and ...the UK!! But not to their French neighbours! Why? And i couldnt find any off ebay... Somebody knows of an online place that would ship worldwide (well at least to France), with good prices? Thanks
If you just want a fun and colored IEM thats cheap enough to take to the gym, PL21 i'd say is the perfect choice (agressive and smooth at the same time, will get you pumped up for working out more than a neutral IEM). In the gym you want to listen at a loudish volume to upbeat, agressive music for up to several hours straight, eterna would be a little fatiguing for that, not to mention a little expensive to pour sweat into, also the over the ear design wouldnt be too...
Hippo VBs have an impressive sub-bass that extends really low, sometimes reverberating and rumbling to great effect when called for it (pretty strange feeling right inside your ear canals), no mid-bass hump compared to the mids and especially to the sub-bass (feels more like sub-bass hump is there!), actually after a lot of burn-in the mid-bass sounds a little sloppy to me and lacking body. Now i havent heard many IEMs far from it, im a cheapo and the only other...
Near Montpellier, seriously?? Didnt have a clue. I might try to sneak into their locals and steal a handful of these...