Posts by daouda

Has anybody tryed on the HJE900 the Vsonic olive-clones from ebay? (they fit on larger nozzles than shures)
Sounds like MTP could be like VBs with smoother & less pronounced treble, which is exactly what I'm looking for! Although i dont know how the mids details would compare, i have never heard the atrios. Swanlee, do you find that atrios have more or less detailed mids compared to VBs?
^^What i meant is i think warmth and harshness are totally unrelated, and independant from each other. Warmth is more of a sound signature trait, harshness is more of a sound QUALITY issue, although it can also be perceived when treble and/or mids are too much forward for someone's tastes.
Quote: Originally Posted by FliGuyRyan Exactly, the one that I started... and if I want to ask about what tips to use for my Monster Turbine Pro Copper earphones, I believe this to be OK and relevant. -RC I think he was talking about the one started by enanthate
^^Swanlee, i dont know what is your definition of warmth, but VBs are most definitely on the warm side for my understanding of it. And they always have been, although in the beginning they were warm & very harsh, now they are warm & a little harsh. The warmth hasnt changed with bur-in. Also, i have to say that i didnt think they were that warm until i got the more neutral pr1pro (which is neither warm nor cold) to compare them to
Im a noob but i still have some remnants of basic physics notions from highschool, and all the complex answers that have been given so far to the OP are of no help to him, its obvious that he needs some basic explanations of some more basic notions before starting to answer his specific question. (and it's allright that he doesnt have them, not everybody is a physics geek) Revolink, albeit late in the thread, is the first and only so far to give those explanations...
Im also interested by this although i expect MTP gold to be overall substancially better than VBs. But i would imagine than it would be hard to beat the VBs in the area where IMO they really shine : their spacious, uncompressed, airy, very 3D-feeling soundstage, that is further enhanced by the very good extension on both ends, with an incredibly deep sub-bass that can very clearly separate different layers of sub-bass better than a lot of subwoofers, but an unfortunately...
Hey eric, not yet, should be here next week! Im so much caught in the hype now that im already almost thinking about selling them to get me some copper, but i need to use my own ears! i will keep you posted
Hey, that's a great idea! I should have thought about that myself... Just kidding, i've done that already, i just wanted to post some stupid stuff to bug my buddy Joe a little bit. And i think Joe was suggesting you to try the phonak audeo silicone TIPS, when i was talking about tryng to get me some silicone EARGUIDES earlyer, which havent been recommended for the MTP anywhere (although they could be useful since it has been said that the MTP weight make them unsuitable...
^^Phonak doesnt sell anything but hearing-aid related stuff in France, been trying to get their silicone earguides but cant be found anywhere on the web shipped to france (even ebay), probably the same for their tips, sorry 'bout the somehow unrelated rant, but if i get the copper in the future (which i plan to do), i know i wont be able to get the better tips for them, and it ****es me off! This is just for every other french headfier with coppers, this average_joe will...