Posts by daouda

Thanks a lot for the great job joker, the chart is an awesome addition, really useful and convenient. I wish clieos would do the same kind of chart to conveniently give an overview of all of his reviews.... i think i'll try to suggest him to do that. I believe(?) Dfkt has to be credited as the first to have done such a thing (on abi), any IEM noob (such as me) will find those really immensely helpful to help them make wise purchase decisions without going crazy jumping...
Thanks tio. To get back on topic, do u think you have heard/used the pl21 enough to post a little comparison of them against the M9 when you receive them? (Sound, build and comfort-wise for physically active use. Im interested on your take on that because like yourself and unlike many others here, i dont like to wear IEMs over the ear). Only after i ordered the pl21 did i notice that those M9 might have been an even better option for a cheap good sounding pair of 'sports'...
Hi. If anybody really wants the pr1 pro they are available at this website http://gyratech.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=41&ze nid=ql8qt0 However they charge much more than the 33$ plus shipping proposed by the ebay seller joker had talked about (usd 52.99 + 10.50 shipping to europe/usa). I'm myself waiting for them to get available on ebay again at that lower price before ordering them, they sound like they could be a great companion to...
Aaaaaah Brendon, dear Brendon (you dont know me but i know you), i've been waiting for this update for SO long but i had been poisened by dkft's review for a while already and at the end couldnt take it anymore and pulled the trigger on the VBs. It will probably take a while until i receive them (from Singapore to France), and i hope i'm not going to be disappointed because... i DO listen to quite a lot of vocal-centric music, and seem to often enjoy engaging, warm lush...
Hi. Sorry to stumble in here a little rudely but... I was gonna enthusiasticly subscribe to this thread but its seems the topic has derailed quite a lot from advice on the best IEMs for cycling to (albeit interesting) considerations about safety that dont have much do to with IEMs... I cycle a LOT myself, and i like to use IEMs instead of headphones now so i would like to hear experiences from others IEM-using cyclists. I think to make them good cycling pairs, IEMS...
Thanks. I think i will probably be getting the VBs as my main, versatile pair (versatile means also good bass for me and im afraid pl50 doesnt have good enough bass to render a wide range of musical genres lively enough) , and probably the pl50 for vocal-centered genres......... and/or the cyclon pr1 pro, for clarity, soundstage on acoustic, orchestral, well-recorded-music?...... Hmmm, seems i will have to start a thread to help me figure this out. It would...
Thanks for the surprisingly fast reply! I have already read you multiple iems shootouts threads many, many times and pretty much know them by heart right now. I was referring to the ranking you provided in the thread i posted a link to. I guess that ranking was based on the SQ rating and not the value rating then. Am i right? Actually (this is a suggestion to the mods) i think that this thread was a great idea and that it would definitely deserve to be stickied and...
Sorry, double post! (good excuse : this was my first time posting here, hehe)
Hi Tai, first post here, many thanks for this review (and all the other ones you've done so far), i can tell you for sure that many people, including me, were eagerly waiting for it! Just a few questions : -Have you tried the foam mod (suggested by dftk and brendon who reviewed the phones as well) to temper the potential treble harshness/sibilance and what do you think about it? Would you recommend it? I'm really close to ordering the VBs and i think i'm pretty sensitive...