Posts by daouda

Joker, so pr1pros have a more accurate tonality compared to the ECCIs (and they do have the most natural tonality vs anything else ive heard), does it mean those are on the warm side of neutral? Also, how do their bass compare vs pr1pro : more or less extended, more or less weight, emphasis on mid or sub-bass? I like how pr1pro are able to give a little bit of that rumbling sub-bass in some recordings, can they do this too? ABout the treble, is it more...
@Napilopez : what made the biggest difference to make me change my mind so drastically was the change of source : from the fuze HPO or fuze HPO+E5 the sloppy midbass hump on HJE was spoiling everything for me... Using my high-quality LOD tightened the bass tremendously, finally allowing HJE qualities to shine through. I know it sounds weird, but i can verify it again and again... I would even say that its not so much the highs reproduction that is affected by source...
Just a quick post to put what i wrote into pespective : I did want to refrain from posting impressions so early, and now I have to temper some of the things I've said : with a better source than Fuze or SOny s639 HPO (FUze+film caps LOD+E5 or uDAC, and FLAC files), the midbass hump on HJE is not nearly as distracting, bass is tighter and more controlled. Aso it does seem that higher mids and treble on HJE are a tiny bit more refined than on VBs, and that is with foam mods...
Yeah, it's march, what happened?
FA Eterna arent that bassy.... they are quite midbassy for sure (and too much so for my tastes), but they very much lack in lower bass extension (and response) compared to hippo VBs.... But then, what else doesnt? Actually pr1pro have more sub-bass than eterna... They have a very reasonable bass response but it goes very low and is able to give a little of that reverberating, rumbling sub-bass that VBs reproduces in greater amount and with even deeper extension. Pr1pro...
Just do an "earbud foam" search on ebay and you will be overwhelmed by the offers... By the way, did just a quick little more A/Bing with foam-modded VBs and HJEs, the mids and treble presentations are not really "exactly the same" as i said but still pretty similar. VBs seem to be a little less bright and having a tiny bit more weight in the lower mids compared to HJE which comparatively seem to have a tiny lil bit more in the upper mids. But burn-in and foam quantity...
I would need to do more A/Bing of both without foam, but foamless HJE900 (i got them after tstarn burned them in for about 90hours), while much too bright for my tastes, didnt present the same ear-piercing harshness that I recall foamless VBs still bothered me with after 100hours of burn-in. In other words, foamless 100hours burned-in VBs still would hurt my ears very fast (edit:even at low volume!) (while also sounding too bright), foamless 90hours burned-in HJE sounded...
^^I wanted to wait for more listening time before posting more impressions about the HJE900, but i have to comment after this question : Foam-modded HJE900 with around 90 hours of burn-in sounds EXTREMELY similar to foam-modded hippo VBs with several hundreds hours of burn-in... Pretty much the exact same mids and treble presentation (energy, positioning, and coloration-wise : same warm mids and brightish extended treble at the same distance from the listener), but HJE900...
Would really love to hear them, as everything I've heard about them so far makes me feel they could very well present the type of sound signature & quality I'm looking for right now, but haven't heard from any earphone yet. Also as a musician i think I will give a good review to those earphones that are meant to present a reference, monitor-like neutral and balanced sound signature. If you and the head-fi team agree I could also post a review in French in the main...
Goranilic, sorry about that, i was just communicating by msn with a french friend whose name is goran (his parents are serbs, well hes also a serb then) and he told me to type this to you when i said i was replying to someone named goran as well, so i wanted to ask you what it meant.... Well he told me the meaning of the words and needless to say, i apologize, i just have doubted it though! Im sorry, hope you arent too offended, i think you should just laugh about this (im...