or Connect

Posts by daouda

^^Midoo please don't take this the wrong way, but while I thought you were making interesting points in your post (although the overall tone seemed a little agressive towards my buddy Joe) , it was incredibly painfull to read due to poor punctuation & lack of paragraphs... Could you please edit it (only with comas and periods, and paragraphs), it will only help carry your point across. And please don't think I'm trying to be a mod here, it's just that I had to make extra...
If you cant get a good price for HJE900 in Pilipinas, I can vouch for (burned-in and foam-modded) VBs as very good all-rounders, especially since you can adjust the bass response with their interchangeable plates.
People, please take it easy on poor ol'joe, he started this with nothing but good will and is trying his best to objectively reflect everybody's opinion, but obviously bit way more than he could chew. Whatever the result, I agree with iponderous, this is a very interesting experiment...
Quote: Originally Posted by semisight Oh it's definitely an FOTM, the question is whether it deserves it. From what I've read they're good relaxation phones with an emphasis on balance. The sound quality must not be too bad to impress some of the reviewers, but remember the price and don't set your hopes too high. And yeah, the build quality of these sub $50 IEMs is looking better than some of the "top-tier" ones. How can the PR100 be a FOTM when...
Quote: Originally Posted by kunalraiker Get the Cyclone P100's And if you can't find those Cyclone P100, try looking for ECCI PR100...
@Napi : Ive already tried gazillions of tips on both HJE and VB including sony hybrids (which need to be really stretched to fit VBs) and I dont like how those seem to choke off the soundstage a little (while still not absorbing the treble harshness that hurt my treble-sensitive ears without foam). I like standard UE-style tips, with a wide opening, and use the foam mod to tame the treble/higher-mids intensity/harshness. This seems to be the better option, at least for me....
So be it, but you have to be warned : if you have (like myself) any special sensitivity to treble harshness and/or sibilance, and dislike excessive brightness, you should be ready for a mandatory foam-mod and very long & intense burn-in sessions. EDIT : was talking about VBs, but its also valid for HJE which to my ears put out way too much higher mids/treble energy and weight unmodded.
Joker, thanks for your precise answers, those ECCI look interesting but i should probably refrain from buying them since i already have enough cheap-and-cheerful chinese IEMs in my possession... I will probably consider getting them when the Pr1pro finally die on me, if no other bang-for-buck phenomenon pops up until then
I might be a lousy imaging judge, and I dont have any IEMs in my ears right now while writing, but it could be that HJE have better imaging inside its less spacious soundstage... However the bigger sense of space provided by the VBs gives a more 3 dimensional feeling of different layers of sounds, allowing the listener to picture a spatial location for these much more convincingly (and this is for me the real 'wow' factor of the VBs, along with their deep rumbling...
Good luck with this Joe, you have some serious guts, daring to start something like that. Its gonna be very informative and useful though, but you're probably gonna have to indefinitely enlarge each of the boxes in your table...