Posts by wtf

Hello all, A friend of mine had her iPod earbuds break, and wanted to find some replacements. She wants something cheap ("not too expensive, i just want a replacement"), which I assume means less than $30 shipped. I did some searching around these forums, but could only find relatively expensive ones ($100+ Shure's), so I was wondering if you could help her out. Much thanks
any idea if these will be better than the echo indigo?
i wasnt aware that there was a transit dj
I got my A900s about 2 weeks ago. The box was a little crushed, but the headphones were fine, except for this small nick on the right aluminum housing. I've been burning them in since, and although they sound nice, I honestly can't tell that much of a difference between these and the Sony MDRV500's I was using previous to this. Here's my setup: 192/256kbps MP3's --> unequalized Winamp --> C major audio (laptop sound card) --> A900's I was thinking of getting an...
samurai, you can find the install exe on foobars website.
Why does foobar's site say this? Does foobar2000 sound better than other players? No. Most of "sound quality differences" people "hear" are placebo effect (at least with real music), as actual differences in produced sound data are below their noise floor (1 or 2 last bits in 16bit samples). Foobar2000 has sound processing features such as software resampling or 24bit output on new high-end soundcards, but most of other mainstream players are capable of doing the same...
ygpm
Quote: Originally Posted by Asmo I'd definetly consider th 595s also, they are very comfortable and great for long gaming sessions. I'd get the emu 0404 soundcard, chaintech is a good card FOR its price -- but it does not compare to the emu soundcards, it is worth goin for the better option, source is very important. The 650s you were originally considering, really require very good source and amp, way out of your budget to let them shine. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime Headsave classic is a Pimeta based design. This is an older lower quality DIY design. I previously had a PPA and Senn 595 and really loved that combo. Do that and a Chaintech and you'll be in pretty good shape. Also the up-frontness of the 595's will be better for games (the 600 series adds a bit of unrealistic soundstage, bad for 3d games). Hmm, now I might have to consider the 595's What is a...
Quote: Originally Posted by mjg hi, i think your wasting your money on 650's. No offense. Get a decent source first of all (650's require a VERY good source to be appreciated), get a headphone amp (PPA would be nice, you can split your 650's fund in half, then spend 250 on an amp, 250 on phones) for 250, maybe go for a used pair of hd600s, or 580s if u like the senns, then get some good cables. Buying one of the best headphones doesn't = the...