Posts by Head Creep

I'm looking at buying some new headphones for work, something more comfortable than the Sony MDR-V6s that I'm currently using. They need to be closed and easy to drive (they'll be used unamped with a Zune, iPod and cell phone). I really like a sound signature with slightly emphasized bass, neutral to bright on the treble, and I don't care about sound stage. Comfort is the most important factor, the ear cups need to be bigger than the V6s so I can wear them for a couple...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pm@c I mean virtual sex. You've obviously never heard of FUFME.
I've given this some thought in the past, and came to the conclusion that it would have to be "Damage, Inc." by Metallica. I've been listening to the Master of Puppets album since I was in the womb, and it's the last song on it. It's only fitting. The runner-ups: Faith No More - Jizzlobber Led Zeppelin - In My Time of Dying Lynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesday's Gone Alice in Chains - Over Now Townes Van Zandt - Dead Flowers
At the moment... S.O.D. - Speak English or Die Metallica - Ride the Lightning Megadeth - Rust in Peace Ministry - In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up Prong - Cleansing
I'm surprised "If You Want Blood You've Got It" hasn't been mentioned. It's the perfect example of what Bon Scott added to the band, and it has what is quite possibly the best AC/DC performance ever recorded ("Whole Lotta Rosie"). The remaster's loud and compressed, of course, but it shouldn't stop anyone from buying it.
NSFW. I got bored with Windows, so I'm back to LiteStep. Rather minimalist, but it's efficient and doesn't take attention away from the wallpaper.
"Candy Bottom Girls" by the Silent Xperiment (mash-up of Queen's "Fat Bottom Girls" and 50 Cent's "Candy Shop")
"Victim of Changes" by Judas Priest 80 gig iPod (hooray for a source upgrade) -> DT770, sounds good so far. Tomorrow morning I'll put it head-to-head against my X5, see which is preferable. But right now, it's a little too late to think properly.
Quote: Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY 733t = Leet = Elite. Man are you behind the times. Quote: Originally Posted by jPoDTGN It's 1337. YOU are behind the times.... I always thought 7 was T, but according to Wikipedia it also counts as L. So, theoretically, 7337/733t is teet AND leet. And according to Urban Dictionary, 733t is only used by people between the ages of 11 and 15. This slang stuff is awfully complicated...
I tried this in the past, and I had a very, very difficult time distinguishing between FLAC and LAME V3. Even taking the possibility of future transcoding into account, it's almost impossible for me to justify lossless' larger file size.