Posts by bigmandan

Necro'ing this thread.... I have one of these, got one at a local music shop for a decent price. I tried it on a few sources I have: I have SRH440 Headphones btw... PC with onboard audio: I get better volume now. PSP: MUCH better volume, less distortion now too Samsung TV: once again better volume. In almost all cases I no longer have to crank the volume to get acceptable (or just less than) volume levels. Seems to work as intended. Now when I have friends over...
Quote: Originally Posted by Merdril I've only used the Shure SRH440's, but seeing as you left so little information about them, I can't help you much except for some recommendations. If you value bass in your songs, look elsewhere. There are other ~$90 headphones that have much better bass than these headphones that also do not degrade sound quality in the trebles and highs. If you like trebles and highs, these headphones will treat you right. But if you...
I have recently purchased the shr440's ($119 Canadian) and I think they are amazing. These are my first "real" headphones though. I had the chance to compare these to some Sony MDR-V900's and I think the 440's sound better overall. I also have a pair of mdr-v300 and thats what I have been used to for the last few years. I use my Sony PSP and my computer with these headphones and I have not noticed any issues with volume or quality. I listen to a little bit of...