Posts by Gamerzhell

This is a stand alone DAC, without USB input.   This DAC's output can be connected to the Conductor's amp input, bypassing the Conductor's internal DAC.   If you're using USB you'll need a separate converter.
Taking offers for either, Burson has scratch on volume knob, Master 5 is perfect as I can see.   Burson: $350 shipped within Australia. SOLD   Master 5: $950 shipped within Australia. SOLD   Open to trades, looking for a power amp or integrated amp.
The legendary Reference 7.1.   Has been sitting around gathering dust for some time now so better to move it on.   Original receipt provided, bought new in Aug 2012. Ships in original box.   ACSS cables included.   $1400 Shipped in Australia.   Sold.
You could probably shave off some more by changing the wheels and cranks.  
  Then you would only ever attend concerts and recording sessions or play your own instrument?
  From the master himself: http://sheldonbrown.com/brakturn.html
  About 80% of your total braking capacity comes from the front brake. You can push your backside further back on the seat to be able to apply more pressure on the front brake.
  Nearly slipped on tram tracks today :( was wet and cold, didn't take my line properly.
  Hadn't thought about that actually... I still highly doubt you would use more than 1 watt.   http://myhometheater.homestead.com/splcalculator.html is giving me 85 db at 15 ft not considering positioning. (using 96 db efficiency)   85 db efficiency gets about 75 db at 15 ft which is quite loud but not unfeasible for some people here to listen to.
I would recommend an AV receiver, some fairly good units in your budget. I have a HK3490 which has digital input for your mac and phono input for your turntable.   Look at Onkyo, Yamaha, Pioneer, Harman Kardon, Denon for good units.   Speakers wise you should probably go second hand. You could drop by your local hifi store and ask them for a bundle deal (receiver + speakers).