Posts by rrahman

Probably not the consensus, but IMO the LCDX by a hair.
I have only listened to these headphones in shops and audiomeets, but I think I have a pretty good handle on their sound.  I also felt the Sr009's were superior.  Although the LCDx is the most detailed w/ a decent soundstage in the audeze lineup, the audeze's have a tendency to sound lush, thick and closed in.  The Sr007's have a quicker, brighter and more airy sound relative to the lcdx.   Despite this I overall I prefer the LCDX and the LCD3 to this headphone, mostly d/t...
I think your serial number distinctions are slightly off.  The initial veil was discontinued early in the 231 serial numbers.  My pair of lcd3's serial number starts w/ 231 and are not part of the initial veiled batch.  This has been confirmed w/ Audeze and my dealer, also the frequency graph corresponds to Tyll's graphs after discontinuation of the veiled batch.    http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/audeze-lcd-x-fazor-and-fresh-listen-current-lcd-2-and-lcd-3-page-2 The...
  I'm more curious about why theres no drop in bass <80 Hz...
Congrats on the purchase.  The DWM is a woofer not a subwoofer, thats why the cross over is so high.  I understand your problem though, the system is pretty bass light w/o a sub.  Placement is key, but it sounds like you are pretty constrained.  The resistors are labeled and they help, but I don't think you'll get the sound your looking for w/o a proper sub.
I owned both for a brief period also, but I disagree.  It depended on the tubes but in many instances I did prefer using the WA22 over the Liquid Glass.  With optimal tube choices on both, I favored the WA22 by a decent margin.  The WA22 didn't get to as high volumes w/o distortion as the liquid glass, but it still reached and exceeded my level of comfortable listening.  The liquid glass had more tube options on the plus side though.  Both had super low noise floors for a...
The amount of buzz and anticipation on this headphone amp is probably a headfi record...
Well the interview was on Bloomberg TV not an audiophile forum like headfi tv. So regardless of his website's image, Im gonna say he is just trying to sell as many headphones to as manu people as he can irrespective of whether they are "drum and bass producers"And he's catering to them because they represent a much larger market share.
I think your being a little hard on him. He had like 15-20 seconds to justify a beats loving mass audience to pay over a thousand for a set of headphones. Also while I agree comparing a set of headphones to speakers is awkward because of inherent differences. It's not unreasonable to have a preference for one or the other. After all they both have the same goal of accurate sound reproduction and audeze competes w/ high end speakers for a fraction of the price.
My advice... If they all sound acceptable, then go for the cheapest one and save the rest of your money.