Posts by rrahman

You are right, but ur focusing on a number I made up based off nothing really...  In reality if looking at an actual objective measurement im sure the differences are way less.
HE1000 is one of the comfiest headphones i've ever placed on my head... to the point where its really irrelevant, if you can't tolerate the he1000 no headphone will be tolerable.  Its got that HD800 kind of feel where it doesn't really touch ur ear, its feather light, and low clamping pressure. I'd pay 2k for this headphone.  It sounds about 20-30% percent better(whatever that means) than the HE560, comprable to the LCD2 =>LCD3 difference.
I would say its a modest improvement of the 560 and Ive spent a decent amt of time with it.
I agree speakers usually do soundstage better.  Everything else you said I disagree...   Just because one medium has inherent advantages in one aspect of sound reproduction, doesn't mean the benchmarks for fidelity should change.  I mean that is like saying the best speakers have worse resolution than even the crappiest headphones.  A silly premise. I listen to my HD800s and Maggies from time to time and sometimes I can't tell that my speakers are actually on and my...
This is the exact opposite the way I think... Speakers, headphones, and IEMs are ALL supposed to sound like the concert... Infact if I can tell its a speaker, headphone, or IEM i consider it a failing.  I dont think there should be a "what a headphone sounds like" "what a speaker sounds like" "what an IEM sounds like" only this is what a concert sounds like. In this regard HD800s are simply amazing. They sound just like a concert, almost imperceptibly so... just so happens...
read my impression... 
I vote for more remote talk.  Way more remote talk.  The Rag needs a remote and we want it... i predict schiit will make it.
I dont understand why a remote will degrade the sq.  Why can't you just have a remote controlled dial turner and set it on the volume knob?
Check the first post of this thread for a link
I don't think thats the popular opinion.  The LCD3 is a statement headphone, the website even says "the pinnacle of our LCD collection".  LCD3 to my ears are definitely a competitor to the HD800, SR009 and the HE1000.  LCD3 IMO still has the best bass of all headphones.  I'd say between the HE6, HD800, SR009, HE1000, and LCD3... the ones that stands out as being a bit inferior is the HE6 and HD800.  I personally feel the HE6 is a marginally worse headphone, but i think its...