Posts by rrahman

I am selling my like new Mjolnir.  I am selling to upgrade to the Ragnarak. I keep my equipment in flawless condition and never stress them and this amplifier is no exception.  It has a small, barely perceptible scratch (see pic) on the front, otherwise functionally and cosmetically perfect.  Original box, accessories, and receipt included.  US preferred, I will ship internationally w/ special circumstances.   Buyer pays shipping and paypal fees (if applicable)   I...
This is a similar problem to what I had to deal with... You should check the mini Maggie thread. Basically what I did is connected the output from my Pre amp to my SVS subwoofer, implemented a 80 Hz crossover on the sub, then connected high pass output from sub to my speaker amp.
It is not overkill.  Infact it will sound absolutely amazing...
I've been to several audiophile shops/dealers in Manhattan. They are always full of staunch sales people, usually pretty rude and pompous especially if your not willing to spend big big bucks. Stereoexchange is a lil better than most, but their pricing is substantially higher than lesser known dealers. They have a lot of inventory on the plus side. That being said they're a lot better than lyric hifi and singer audio. I had a great experience with Ciamara Corp, if...
I'd say if going tubed, lcd3 w/ wa22 or wa5. The 110 impedance woo audio's light and quick sound signature will match well. If wanting a versatile and overall marginally best headphone at any price, sr009. Honestly though it's just too expensive considering the lcd3 and lcdx come so close, I'd say less likely to have buyers remorse if you went w/ audeze If you are open to solid state, which I think is best for you, I'd say lcdx or lcd3 w/ schiit Mjolnir or auralic mk2...
Yea. I haveProject Debut Carbon => Cambridge Azur 551p => Peachtree Grand X1 => Schiit Mjolnir => LCD3/HD800Project Debut Carbon => Cambridge Azur 551p => Peachtree Grand X1 => Parasound Halo A21 => Magnepan Mini + Magnepan DWM + SVS SBUltra13Sounds fine to me, comprable to spotify to my ears.
Probably not the consensus, but IMO the LCDX by a hair.
I have only listened to these headphones in shops and audiomeets, but I think I have a pretty good handle on their sound.  I also felt the Sr009's were superior.  Although the LCDx is the most detailed w/ a decent soundstage in the audeze lineup, the audeze's have a tendency to sound lush, thick and closed in.  The Sr007's have a quicker, brighter and more airy sound relative to the lcdx.   Despite this I overall I prefer the LCDX and the LCD3 to this headphone, mostly d/t...
I think your serial number distinctions are slightly off.  The initial veil was discontinued early in the 231 serial numbers.  My pair of lcd3's serial number starts w/ 231 and are not part of the initial veiled batch.  This has been confirmed w/ Audeze and my dealer, also the frequency graph corresponds to Tyll's graphs after discontinuation of the veiled batch.    http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/audeze-lcd-x-fazor-and-fresh-listen-current-lcd-2-and-lcd-3-page-2 The...
  I'm more curious about why theres no drop in bass <80 Hz...