Posts by David.M

ye   that's the thing, on paper, The WA2 is supposed to be designed for high impedance headphones.  But there have been some reports that is works wonderful for low impedance as well. I skimmed through the Woo Audio 2 thread and some dude said that the ATH-W5000 and the WA2 amp was magic.  Some reports are even saying that it brings the K701's treble to another level.    It's just hard to believe an OTL-based design is working out for low ohm'er  cans.  Keep us...
rofl   this post is so much win.
  hey, you watch yourself now ^_^     interesting.   I'll keep these headphone in mind for future references. One well regarded reference and one fun headphone, life gotta be easier than that, eh Reputator?   So now i have to re-think, then de-think my thoughts on the WA2, then synchronize all those thoughts, throw them into the caldron, start from scratch and re-think about my previous thoughts about getting the transformer coupled WA6, then de-synchronize those...
Their soundstage isn't as wide as the HD555's (if i recall)   get either the AD700, HD555 with a logitech standpoint mic.  The rest goes on either a cheap dac/amp combo like the Zero .If you desperately need the 6 channel surround sound, get sth like the Omega striker. Xonar Essence STX also springs to mind   650's too advanced for a beginner IMO. They'll work really decent for an all-round purpose, but it's over-kill for what you're asking. Your wallet will give...
So the Woo Audio thread starter and our jolly ole' buddy ole' pale dannie01 has concurred all his demons and finally stepped his game up with the WA5-LE.   It may not be as strong as musicman59's 'The Black Beauty', it may not burn  with the same caliber as the B.B  , but it inherits the same personification with the passion to decrypt anything in living sight.. No...... this is not just a regular amp, this is an unholy spirit left to wander the graveyards of our...
put the LD's amp gain to 3 or 4 ( i personally like 4 the best) People like Prickley_Peete say that you should follow it by the books and match your headphone impedance with the LD manual, but I've come to realise that it doesn't always work out this way. Low gain always works best on high ohm'er phones - since it's an OTL design, and it will provide enough juice at these levels without adding the extra bass/treble bloat.   Regarding the tubes, It's really not going...
  Even tho I have no way of telling if this poster has actual experience with foaming/de-foaming matter, It's time for me to     and go with x4
tight   but not too tight.  N'aw'Mean?
  rofl epic conversation.
Isn't it the the way around? Silver Dragon = more detail, adds more bright prescence, cleans up, etc... Blue  for spot on neutrality and Black Dragon for bass improvement, better low-end and smoothness. I was generally told this from Drew when i asked him a long time back, but I'm not 100% sure.