or Connect

Posts by mangamonster

I thought you had posted earlier that it was a soldiering issue found in the 3.5mm jack? Or was it the new headphone connector?
Thanks! It's new to me! Looks like another great set to research. I'm gonna be busy! :) Funny thing is that I went to a meet a few years ago in my area and a guy had the 500's setup to a Headroom balanced desktop amp. I don't know the story as to why they discontinued the headroom line, but I can say this. That combo was the absolute BEST headphone experience I've ever had, EVER.   I believe the guy who brought the setup was playing some electronic and some new...
Thanks man. Me having this same issue that occurred to a few other folks on just this forum alone is surprising, especially coming from Audeze. They are usually known for impeccable quality. At least they'll be able to take this faulty new connector and improve it so that it doesn't happen again. New technology always has it's bugs. From what I've been reading on the forums, headphone and cable manufactures seem to have really high hopes for this new type of...
Well, I just got home and opened up my new EL-8's. Was sooo stoked! Never paid so much for a pair of cans, and never owned a pair of orthodynamics, but was definitely looking forward to the new experience. Plugged in the new 'lightning' style cables into the headphones and placed it on my head and BAM!! Wait, what? I'm only hearing sound from the right speaker...please say it aint so! I resat the left cable gently...again no sound. I wiggled it a little...SOUND! Yes, just...
It's been 4 days since my last post. Been using the service with zero issues. Everything plays quickly when I choose my music. Of course, the most important part, the lossless quality is absolutely amazing. Couldn't be happier. I'm sticking with them. I'm located in Houston. All of my internet connections are fiber. I rarely have used my phone network for most of my listening, but it was fine as well.    Some cons -Playlists: we need better playlists. Tidal needs to...
No, but I can tell you this. I can't listen to any hi-fi setup after waking up in the morning. For some reason, 1-3 hours after waking up, nothing really sounds too good to my ears. This has been an issue for me since I first got into high end headphone audio 6 years ago. So, the best time for me to actually enjoy music and separate all of the delicate nuances and sound signatures of all the equipment I have is usually only in the afternoons and evenings. I have no idea if...
 I'll have a review up this week, with all the bells and whistles. I've not been labeled a pro reviewer by the head-fi community, but I think my older reviews have been informative and at the least, entertaining ;) My EL-8's (open) will be delivered today. I'll be taking a lengthy listen to them from the most uncolored amp I have, the Blue Circle - Hat Peed Thingee. Stay tuned ;)
 I'll be testing out mine next week with the Valhalla, as well as my Blue Circle Hat Peed Thingee. I should have a review up soon.
Well, great news. I was streaming from both my Mac in the downstairs office which has a 30 mbps connection and upstairs in one of our smaller rooms on a win7 PC, which has a 13mbps connection. Everything worked great. I was streaming off playlists for around 4 hours. No start up issues, or drops. My 45 min commute home didnt have any issues either on my Verizon phone. It's a work phone and we have unlimited data with no caps. I'll keep using it as often as I can throughout...
Just setup the 7 day trial a couple hours ago. Have been streaming on HIFI continuously with no blips, drops or anything else. Has been great. Sound is what I would expect from my FLAC library, very happy with that. Have run it both on my Mac and Win7 PC, no issues. Tracks take about 1/2 second to lead each song consistently. I'm using this at my workplace on a 50 mbps fiber connection.    I have a lot of work to do tonight at the house. I'm going to set it up on my...