Posts by audioffile

I really like sheathed cables too and was wondering how to add a sheath to some of my cables. Once you find your source for a sheath, how do you get it over your cable? Is there some technique to this?
Quote: Originally Posted by BLOX good deal,You will see a big difference from your EX-71 compares with RE2 First impression is a major drop in bass output, in exchange for a much cleaner and more detailed midrange. Also, I felt that while the RE2 produced less bass overall, the response was much more linear than the EX-71s. For example, I Like the Way You Move (OutKast) didn't have the sudden drop in volume at the deepest bass note that I've...
Thanks for the awesome review. I love frequency response charts. This is my first portable headphone amp, so please forgive stupid questions. But, is there any problem just setting the E5 to max volume and leaving it there? I ask, because it seems to sound ok, and then I can control the volume via the source. OTOH, I would never dream of using a home stereo amp at max volume, I never push my home amp past 50% for fear of clipping and speaker damage. Also, are...
Quote: Originally Posted by f4phantom2500 PS: I couldn't find this combo on Head-Direct's site. You can also get the RE2's with a Fiio E5 for the same price: Amazon.com: RE2 In-ear Headphones and Fiio E5 Combo $49 @ Head-Direct: Musical Instruments If you would rather have those. Now posted at Head-Direct for $39 or $48 shipped.
Just picked up this nice little combo because I wasn't getting enough isolation from the MDR-EX71. I know these aren't the very best for isolation, but I don't like to use expensive earphones on a day-to-day basis. I'm afraid I'll lose them. This seems like good bang for the buck in the isolation department. I can now listen to music on my motorcycle without worrying that I'm pushing my earphones (or ears) too hard. Looks like a slight design change from what I saw in...