Posts by ShenaRingo326

Most laptops have onboard sound cards instead of dedicated sound cards, unless it's a gaming laptop with focus on 3d audio effects etc.. you should check and see if your laptop has digital output via optical toslink or coaxial.. if it doesn't, then you will have to look for a DAC or DAC/Amp combo that supports USB input   if your mp3's are 192 kbps or lower, you may consider getting the headphones first and see if they sound good directly out of the laptop's.. as a good...
i have sr225i with stock bowls, and i do not find them uncomfortable, and i wear them with plastic frame glasses... i do have to find the right placement so there is not too much pressure on the back of my ears/glasses.. otherwise they are light and comfortable to wear for hours.. i also have the jmoney grado headbands but i did not have to install them as they are comfortable for me stock   J&R electronics, in new york city is a good place to buy headphones.. i...
here's a good review on a few popular closed headphones in your price range   http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/480354/closed-headphone-shoot-out-k271-vs-dt770-vs-d5000-vs-srh840   what will the source of your music be coming from? computer (onboard vs sound card), ipod, other? and what file formats are your music in? (lossy mp3/aac or loseless flac/alac or others?)
i've had my 225i since may when i bought them during a trip to nyc, originally i used it with my ipod classic + ibasso T3, and the bass was a bit too much for my liking on most songs (i listen to 50 rock / 30 hip hop / 20 pop+others)   recently i've been using it with little dot dac_i and hybrid i+ with opa2107 and we408a tubes.. bass is less than the T3, and i'm still getting used to the new sound signature, but it's a good change from the T3   female rock...
i've bought 4x OPA2107 and 2x LM4562 from audiosector on ebay, shipped quickly and the opamps come packaged in hard plastic case and antistatic bag.
hi,   i did some light cleaning with q tips and MG super contact cleaner (same idea as deoxit, but available locally) when i received the tubes, but the condition of the pins on all the tubes looked the same.. i bought 4, with 2 in the amp now and 1 with no sound (so far) and 1 that i haven't tried yet as one of the pins is slightly bent one way... can i gently bend the pin back with pliers?   i'm not in a hurry to replace the existing 2 tubes as they work fine and i'm...
i've just joined the LD I+ party with OPA2107 and WE408A installed   1 of my WE408A had no sound.. i had extras and the next one that i swapped in worked.. likely to be a dead tube?
hi,   edit: silly me forgot to check reclock config.. now i've got some videos to work with reclock.. should the reclock audio renderer be the top one in the hpc's external filters list?  ive got   ac3filter reclock audio coreavc video decoder ffshow video decoder ffshow audio decoder   how should i configure mpc for this to work? i've installed reclock and i have set playback -> output > directshow audio to be reclock audio renderer.. but i'm not...
J&R is an electronics store in NYC... i went to check out some headphones there as a few people on the forums have recommended it... their site is:   http://www.jr.com/   on a side note.. Shure SRH840's are $129 USD in store.. but it's listed as $199 on the website
i just bought a set of sr225i from J&R when i was visiting NYC, and the store price was $169 USD + tax, you may have to call them to check the price if you are buying online, as i believe they need to list grado's at their MSRP