Posts by ShenaRingo326

got a chance to compare FXT90 and PK1.. disclaimer: I am a complete noob with reviewing/audio terms so feel free to correct any mistakes below   gear: iPod classic 160 GB -- iBasso CB07 LOD -- iBasso T3 -- FXT90/PK1   1. Jimi Hendrix: All Along the Watch Tower (ALAC)   FXT90 @ T3 volume 0.9 - drums: - cymbals: much louder than PK1, to a point where it's fatiguing as it repeats through the entire song - guitar: handles the rapid guitars note transitions slightly better...
hmmm i'm not that familiar with all the audio terms used in some of the more in depth reviews here on head-fi.. but i can try to help.. anything in particular you want to know about the PK1 vs FXT90?  and perhaps any sample songs/tracks you would like me to listen to as a comparison?    
did some comparisons with PK1 today   PK1 - iBasso T3 (volume @ 2) -- LOD -- iPod Classic 160gb -- flac FXT90 - T3 (volume @ 0.9) -- LOD -- iPod 160gb -- flac   - more bass impact from PK1 - FXT90 made me realize that PK1's mids and highs are slightly veiled - my ears can stand the high's on FXT90s just fine (ie female screaming at 0:21 of this track) - sound stage is wider on FXT90's, but then it's comparing earbuds/iems with different sound...
updated impressions:   - after 30 hours of burn-in/listening in the first week, the static/noise that was present when it was plugged into the iBasso T3 - LOD - iPod Classic setup is gone!  i can touch/bend/pivot the plug and it will not result in any static/noise - settled on the stock small tips after trying the stock mid and meelec balanced gray double flange tips   did most of my A/B comparisons with the RE0 using iPod classic headphone out, and i prefer...
Well I didn't mean to say that L plugs are more sensitive than 'straight' plugs, I just happened to mention the L shape in the same sentence :P.   I also have RE0's which use L shaped plug, and it doesn't have this static/interference when I touch/move the plug while it's plugged into the T3.  Same with the PK1 and its straight plug.   Your example is exactly what I have experienced.  Plugging the FXT90 into 1 device (T3) results in more static/interference than another...
just received mine from ebay (seller: buyfromjapan), shipped on mar 23 and received apr 4   quick impressions:   - i have the gold colored limited edition, and the cable is thicker than the ones on my PK1 and RE0, and i did not notice any microphonics with the cables - the plug seems quite sensitive when paired with iBasso T3 -- LOD -- iPod Classic, as i can hear static/interference when i move/touch the plug while it's plugged in  - much less/almost none...
really?? and i just ordered a pair from ebay/japan last week.. well if it's true then it's good news!   edit:   just found release date at futureshop (april 9 pre-order, $99 CAD)... i guess i'm lucky that i ordered the gold limited edition.. otherwise i could have saved myself $30   http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/jvc-jvc-twin-system-in-ear-sound-isolating-headphones-ha-fxt90-black-ha-fxt90/10196752.aspx?path=28eea1c3fd529f993e5dd43fd9f79dacen02
if i see you i'll come up and ask you why aren't you wearing beats.. then i'll run off with your hd800's    
Just joined the FXT90 party by ordering the gold wire edition off ebay!   I've been looking for another pair of IEM's with more of a Grado/PK1 sound, and these seem to fit the description from what I've seen here so far.   Now I need to figure out which tips works well with my ears and gives me a sound that I like.. I've never experimented much with tips and in general used Comply Tx-400 for the RE0's.  Just switched in a few of the stock tips and Sony hybrid's...
I've done a bit more forum searching/reading and I think the JVC FXT90 seems to be closer to the Grado/PK1 sound that I'm looking for.  Most reviews have described the mids as being forward, and more in your face sound (compared to GR07 for example).  Also a bonus that the FXT90 doesn't necessarily require an amp so it'll work better with the Clip+.   Anyone tried these FXT90's with music that has lots of guitars/female vocals?     Thanks!