Posts by tribestros

I can give you ten good reasons and I hate Beats. This thread is the most elitist defener circlejerk in the entire forum.
 MartinLogan says no to this.
Good looking setup for a newbie to the audiophile world!
 Well, I'm also a speaker junkie, so mine has a large footprint. I posted it two pages back I think, I have a NuForce uDAC running into my vintage Marantz 2252B. Fantastic speaker amp but honestly it's a beast of a headphone amp. I was gonna buy a Schiit to complement my old Pioneer stereo amp before I got the Marantz and put the money into restoring it, but the vintage Marantz are highly regarded headphone amps because of their dedicated amp they have inside. Running into...
 Welcome to the marantz club. Some would disagree, but there isn't a better vintage IMO than a 70s marantz.
I started working at my local Best Buy in the Home Theater department in 2008. Not long after I started, Beats by Dre became a thing. First, they showed up in the headphone section, innocently enough. Then they had their own endcap. Best Buy, naturally, being Monster's, well, bitch circa 2008, let them run rampant with training and marketing in the stores. They trained all the media associates to refer to them as "studio headphones" and spent millions of dollars to allot...
 That's a fantastic little setup. Jealous of the small footprint.
 Saw them in 2010 at a small club and I'll be seeing them on the 28th in Dallas. If you like shoegaze concerts, go. It's not really much of a metal show IMO, it's much more of a dreamy shoegaze kinda show. But it's fantastic. Although my barometer for metal shows is Dillinger...then everyone else.
Just bought Deafheaven's Sunbather on vinyl. What beautiful artwork, and what a beautifully dark album.
 Thanks! I really stumbled onto it, I was going to buy a new stereo amplifier (I also love speakers) but didn't want to short change my headphones, so I was expecting to spend around $1000. Then this thing fell into my lap, I hadn't even thought about vintage before. It is pretty fantastic. Had it for about a year and a half now, no problems whatsoever.